Bono sings Prayer of StFrancis today at SargentShriver's funeral

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ya, he was very emotional.
The family let CNN cover the wake last night as well since he was such an important public figure in American history, I know my family feels a deep bond with them. ( the Kennedy/Shriver clan):heart: I feel privledged that they let us in on a private moment.

Jeannieco said:
Ya, he was very emotional.
The family let CNN cover the wake last night as well since he was such an important public figure in American history, I know my family feels a deep bond with them. ( the Kennedy/Shriver clan):heart: I feel privledged that they let us in on a private moment.

Ah gotcha - thankyou for that ~ may watch it a little later, when there's someone around to hold my hand :)

It's a beautiful prayer. Bono just looked so sad to me, maybe it brought back memories of his own Dad. It made me cry.

Sargent Shriver really put those words into action.

It's a beautiful prayer. Bono just looked so sad to me, maybe it brought back memories of his own Dad. It made me cry.

Sargent Shriver really put those words into action.

Yes, indeed.
And I think it's a shame that it wasn't covered more in the national media. Just a headline here and there. They should do a tribute to both the Shriver's for the contribution they have made not only to our country but to the world! I fear the generations coming up will not know about these great Americans and wonderful human beings. :( The Peace Corps and the Special Olympics. Wow. What a legacy!

Back
Top Bottom