Bono should host SNL

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

269er

The Fly
I think it would be great with the band performing. If Eli Manning can kill it should be a walk in the park for the B-man. Him and Edge were classic on Conan in the 'Year 2000' skit.

New season started. And they just made U2 joke as I type.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

What was the joke?

I wonder if they will play SNL? Have the musical guests been announced for the month of October?

From a ridiculously critical Daily Mail article:
SNL pokes fun at celebrities' nude photos with dig at Apple's giveaway of U2 album | Daily Mail Online

The show, hosted this week by Chris Pratt, addressed the latest leak of nude celebrity photos - which involved Ariana Grande, who gave tonight's musical performances.

In a word of advice to victims of the widespread iCloud hack, Colin Jost said: 'You could always hide them in that free U2 album, no one will look there'.

Cheapshot joke but it was funny.

It's a neat little joke...except jokes tend to be funnier when they're actually true.

U2 has a big following, millions upon millions of fans. How is their new album something "no one wants" or wants to check out? If U2 weren't a somewhat big deal that people care about the hate they're getting wouldn't crop up anyway.

Last night was pretty funny

I think it would be awesome. Might change some people's perception of him as well but regardless I think he'd be pretty good at it.

He should host SNL and the band should perform on November 22nd. The Saturday before American Thanksgiving(kick off to holiday season) AND then on the 25th release Songs of Experience. The Tuesday before Black Friday(biggest shopping day of the year in the States) Marketing genius. People will want to but Songs of Innocence and "Oh hey wait a minute there's two new U2 albums? Better buy them both!"

Bono should guest star on 'Girls'.

I could actually see him being a guest coach on 'The Voice'

it would be funny to see him guest appear in most of the fall lineup to promote the album.

'Sleepy Hollow' 'The Blacklist' 'Law & Order:SVU'

The problem with SNL for decades has been that the first 90 seconds of a skit are amusing and the remaining 3 minutes are unfunny. Bono appearing on the show as a host would do nothing to change that. When U2 are the musical guest, I can at least count on their performances to be entertaining.

No. Bono can't remember lyrics, so how would he remember his lines in a bunch of comedy skits? And it would be live, too. Cringe, shudder, etc.

Sent from my iPad using U2 Interference

No. Bono can't remember lyrics, so how would he remember his lines in a bunch of comedy skits? And it would be live, too. Cringe, shudder, etc.

He'd start ad libbing. Which could end up being funnier than any skit. :giggle:

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using U2 Interference mobile app

This made me laugh. :lol::lol::lol: No one on SNL needs to remember their lines. Every piece of "dialogue" is displayed on cue cards for the performers to read. Most, blatantly so. It's almost a running gag. The only time they don't use a cue card is for Weekend Update when they use a teleprompter instead. Bono would be fine.

the last like 15 years all of them read the cue cards, it's embarrasing

the golden years of the end of the 80s-begginings of the 90s, they ACTED, it was a lot more real

That being said, Bono could read everything and make it work. But that would be more food for the Bono-haters

the last like 15 years all of them read the cue cards, it's embarrasing

the golden years of the end of the 80s-begginings of the 90s, they ACTED, it was a lot more real

That being said, Bono could read everything and make it work. But that would be more food for the Bono-haters

They've been reading from the cards since the show's inception. Others in the past have just done a better job of making it look more natural.

Back
Top Bottom