Bono’s young voice vs. older voice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I also mean the live versions:
http://covers.a-go.in/max/depeche_mode_-_1993_songs_of_faith_and_devotion_live.jpg

But I agree, the screams werent to nice to hear, but the singing was amazing.

His voice was very good during the first european leg of the tour, and was outright stunning at the very begginning of the leg. But during the second half of the American leg it started going downhill very quickly, by 1994 it was just exhausted.
Depeche Mode - Enjoy The Silence (San Francisco : Devotional Tour, 1994) - YouTube

BVS said:
:huh: Really? Did you even read my response?

Give me a f###ing break!

Sir, i've read MANY responses from you in my little time here. They all point to one and only direction.
Btw, i was kind of complimenting you when i used the term eloquent. Most apologists here are not eloquent as you are...

Sir, i've read MANY responses from you in my little time here. They all point to one and only direction.
There are plenty of issues that I have with U2 over their 30 year career. I am an apologist for very little in my life, maybe my family members at times, but even then don't count on it. What you see many times is me taking a logical opposition against the many baseless knee-jerk arguments I see in here. It doesn't mean I find U2 faultless, quite the opposite.

I see far too many people yell "sellout", "they've lost their integrity", "they're apologizing for their past", or some other baseless argument too often and too fast purely based on their subjective leaning towards an era of the past that they enjoy more than now. And I just try to find a way for them to apply consistency to other musicians they like, or bring context to their argument, or have them really explain their point. It's not because I'm trying so hard to defend U2, it's just that I find lazy arguments frustrating. U2 is a rock band, I think people sometimes take all of this too seriously, I'm one of them at times, but at the end of the day it's just rock music. I have a painting that hangs on my wall, I don't know the artist I don't know where it came from but it moves me more than any single painting of it's kind does(and I've been to art museums all over the world). If I worried about the integrity of that artist, or their past work would it make this piece less moving?

Btw, i was kind of complimenting you when i used the term eloquent. Most apologists here are not eloquent as you are...

So I should kind of thank you? :wink:

BVS said:
There are plenty of issues that I have with U2 over their 30 year career. I am an apologist for very little in my life, maybe my family members at times, but even then don't count on it. What you see many times is me taking a logical opposition against the many baseless knee-jerk arguments I see in here. It doesn't mean I find U2 faultless, quite the opposite.

I see far too many people yell "sellout", "they've lost their integrity", "they're apologizing for their past", or some other baseless argument too often and too fast purely based on their subjective leaning towards an era of the past that they enjoy more than now. And I just try to find a way for them to apply consistency to other musicians they like, or bring context to their argument, or have them really explain their point. It's not because I'm trying so hard to defend U2, it's just that I find lazy arguments frustrating. U2 is a rock band, I think people sometimes take all of this too seriously, I'm one of them at times, but at the end of the day it's just rock music. I have a painting that hangs on my wall, I don't know the artist I don't know where it came from but it moves me more than any single painting of it's kind does(and I've been to art museums all over the world). If I worried about the integrity of that artist, or their past work would it make this piece less moving?

So I should kind of thank you? :wink:

You should half thank me. I'd like if someone considered me eloquent.
And, once again, you were eloquent and i'll try to see things your way when i see you "defending" U2. I'm not here long enough anyway to know the reasons and motivations behind the talk of the parts involved.

Back
Top Bottom