Bono on UK TV Comedy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gman

New Yorker
UK fans............The spoof comedy documentary show Star Stories is to feature an episode dedicated to Bono. Will be on Ch4 on Saturday 27th Dec @10:35pm. Its normally quite amusing :up:

The craic with the show is...it normally documents the rise to fame of the individual in focus, but in a jokey fashion. Its a 30 min prog about the star. Should have a laff or two in it.

Took from a newspaper review.

Actor Harry Peacock — who plays a preaching, sanctimonious Bono in what's likely to become the stand-out of the new series (at Live 8 the U2 singer lectures the crowd on energy efficiency, warning them "Standby is pure feckin evil") — agrees: "Star Stories is like a modern version of Carry On really. It's very British, they don't get it in America. The only time I felt guilty was doing Gazza."

It's a brilliant show, can't wait for this one.
On a similar note, has any one seen the "rock profiles" episode about u2?
it's the two blokes who do "little britain", i think little britain is fairly rubbish, rock profiles though was excellent, pretty similar to star stories.

woohoooo

I live this show! It's one of the best comedy programmes on at the moment. I always watch it. They did show a scene with Bono in on the George Michael spoof. It was during the recording for the Band Aid single and Bono went up to George and told him that his music lacks substance.

It's a brilliant show, can't wait for this one.
On a similar note, has any one seen the "rock profiles" episode about u2?
it's the two blokes who do "little britain", i think little britain is fairly rubbish, rock profiles though was excellent, pretty similar to star stories.

I saw that very show amny moons ago now Gav. Was long before little britain was even on the radio. Probably about 8 yrs ago now. I recall the fat one dressed as Popmart Edge

I have been waiting for someone to mention this for a while. I actually worked for the company behind Star Stories and watched all the raw footage of this episode before it was edited, as I was labelling all the clips, digitising the rushes etc. Some of the scenes are really funny and it's not just about Bono, it's about U2 and there are some very funny parts, particularly a scene with Bono, Larry and Adam, but I obviously can't say very much due to confidentiality. I have been looking forward to seeing the final version for ages.

I have been waiting for someone to mention this for a while. I actually worked for the company behind Star Stories and watched all the raw footage of this episode before it was edited, as I was labelling all the clips, digitising the rushes etc. Some of the scenes are really funny and it's not just about Bono, it's about U2 and there are some very funny parts, particularly a scene with Bono, Larry and Adam, but I obviously can't say very much due to confidentiality. I have been looking forward to seeing the final version for ages.

Tell them that they're doing a great job. One of the best things on telly:up:

I have just learned that the first showing of the afforementioned comedy is on TONIGHT (Friday 26th) on Channel 4 at 10:20pm.
Must be a repeat tomo night

Not as funny as the David Walliams thing a few years back but still worth watching.

Very funny, went into a surprising amount of detail. Only minor gripe I had was the press conference describing their latest album being a load of 'tosh with 2 good singles on it'. I was thinking 'better fucking not be!'

Kept using Simple Minds music in the background! I actually didnt find it that funny...worst star stories id seen....and not just because of who it was, i just genuinely didnt find it that amusing.
was well researched tho as someone said

Kept using Simple Minds music in the background! I actually didnt find it that funny...worst star stories id seen....and not just because of who it was, i just genuinely didnt find it that amusing.
was well researched tho as someone said

The simple minds music is probably there as a jibe at the fact that a lot of people confuse U2 and Simple Minds music.

I learnt a lot from it. For example:
I never knew Bono met Sadam Hussain
I never knew he's been to the Seychelles

However that thing about the hat was an old, untrue and dull story. Plus about the story about the tax, they pay taxes everytime they play in another country, taxes on their earnings and the other ventures they are involved in. Many big businesses do use these legal loopholes but still have to pay tax. Tesco's does, but it still contributes thousands in tax duty every year.

Back
Top Bottom