Bono On The Daily Show - 11.30.11

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
gvox said:
For the record I was waiting for someone to jump on your "Bono's recovery was shorter than most" comment and somehow spin that into the theory that since he only needed 6 months off according to Dr BVS, WEBMD, the delay of 11.5 months must have been, you know, due to other reasons... :wink:

Oh, I gotcha. Well it would only take a few lines of common sense to clear that up... Of course we know how far common sense takes you with some folks in here.

CanEdge has this one on the nose. You're all just sheep for not believing Annie's story. If you all just took a step back and looked at the full scope of this, it would be painfully obvious that Bono faked a back injury to cancel dates and give them an excuse to tour into 2011 so that they could tour all the way up until four months before a re-release of a 20 year old album and reschedule their date at Glastonbury. Glastonbury, after all, is well known for its association with great sales numbers for re-releases. Did you not know this? The band doesn't want you to know this.

Next thing you'll tell me you believe that story about Edge's daughter being sick delaying the Vertigo Tour. They clearly delayed it to coincide with the release The Saints Are Coming. Smart business. Clearly the most savvy way to respond to Hurricane Katrina. My first thought would have been to delay the tour with a child illness in order to perform with at a pro football game with a shitty punk band. GENIUS.

This is nonsense.

Green Day is not a punk band.

But guys, the one and only complete answer to this is obvious.

Bono was on drugs.
For the pain in his back.
So that's where all these ideas about postponing the tour and Glasto sprouted.

Totally. And nobody is going to convince me otherwise.

if i were paul mccartney, i'd be a pompous twat, too.

Based on your overall posts, welcome Sir Paul to the U2 forums! :wave:

But guys, the one and only complete answer to this is obvious.

Bono was on drugs.
For the pain in his back.
So that's where all these ideas about postponing the tour and Glasto sprouted.

Totally. And nobody is going to convince me otherwise.

That and his penis enlargement surgery. Bono was tired of Adam getting all the attention.

Oh that happened a long time ago my friend.

BVS, glad to see we are friends, who knew?

This procedure? Fairly quickly compared to most back surgeries.

Listen I am not saying that the tour was canceled because of a back or not a back or because a re-release of an old album. I am just saying that 'factors' could have happened for 'convenience' sake. Salvaged jobs could have been created. When I think about U2 I think about the famous James Joyce quote "Trust Not Appearances."

And if anything BVS, a speedy back recovery would lend more to my 'not so hurt' back theory. I'm just sayin'.

And U2 always seem to do better when their back is against the wall. On the rebound against a real or imagined challenge or slight.

And if anything BVS, a speedy back recovery would lend more to my 'not so hurt' back theory. I'm just sayin'.

Yes because requiring immediate emergency surgery, having to postpone a tour leg and losing control of your legs (ie paralysis) certainly means "not so hurt". I'm sure Bono had fun the whole time. So much that he needed 3 1/2 hours of intensive physical therapy every single day during the whole tour and that he still had a limp for many months.

Wow, stop it please, will you?

canedge said:
Not really, not when you apply common sense to the subject. Being back on your feet and being tour ready are two different things.

Next thing you'll tell me you believe that story about Edge's daughter being sick delaying the Vertigo Tour. They clearly delayed it to coincide with the release The Saints Are Coming. Smart business. Clearly the most savvy way to respond to Hurricane Katrina. My first thought would have been to delay the tour with a child illness in order to perform with at a pro football game with a shitty punk band. GENIUS.

Well Philsfan, If there was a hypothetical situation were a band was caught in a situation where the gates revenues didn't add up as planned and an organization needed an 'out' from a venture (like taking a tour down under) the medical excuse would be golden. It doesn't attract ire. Let me be clear about my sensitivities surrounding the subject matter of what happened. I am speaking about a hypothetical situation.

Are opposing theories that offensive to you? You are really a fan of certainty aren't you.

All I am doing is probing possibilities.

Oh really? That's all you're doing?

I am just with Annie on this one. I really thought it was 'fishy' that the tickets for the 2010 American tour went on sale and then it was postponed. As much As I love U2 I find it difficult to accept that one back could de-rail an entire tour.

Does this sound like "probing possibilities" to you? It sounds pretty certain.

I AM WITH Annie on this one.
Where's the questioning or uncertainty there?

...difficult to accept that one back could de'rail an entire tour.

And this one takes the cake, this statement is probably one of the craziest in the whole thread, and believe me you have a lot to contend with. But anyone over the age of 8 knows how much a back injury or surgery can impact something, especially something as active as a rock tour.

Do you remember when Acrobat mentioned this? It's their theory, not mine. When I read it I thought to me self "Well done Acrobat. I agree with you there. I thought there was something suspicious about May 2010." That's why Benji said that he suspected he needed rods. However, I'm glad that's not true, else Bono wouldn't have been back dancing on stage so quickly.

1/ Bono injured his back in 2001

2/Whole years when Bono wasn't on tour where he could've sought treatment for his back were: 2003, 2007, 2008. Large chunks of years where he could've sought treatment: 2002 and 2004. He must have tried everything to sort his poor back out but nothing worked. Then surely he (or his family, friends, band members) would think to themselves; 'It's been 8 years and nothing has worked' and would have suggested that the only option left is surgery. I know would have and I do when it comes to my mum. She's the most important person in the world to me and I have nagged her to go to the dr when she's suffering with some ailment.

3/Interference members have said how they noticed that Bono appeared stiff during the concerts in 2009 and how towards the end on that leg he appeared to be in pain because he was clinging onto his shoulder or hips at certain points at Tempa. Therefore, all the physio clearly hadn't worked. Don't you think he would book himself into a health clinic after Christmas?

4/ 5 months unexplained break that no one has an answer for in 2010. They had to take a break during the Vertigo tour but if you look back at all their previous tours, there were no long breaks. The final leg of the Vertigo tour had to be postponed last minute but when the dates for the 360 tour was announced the band left the first half of 2010 free. Why?

5/ If you read between the lines you can tell something was going on. A few months ago Q magazine interviewed Adam about Glasto and made a joke after Adam said something about camping about Glasto. The interviewer said something like: "That won't do Bono's back any good" to which Adam replied: "No. -", and completely changed the subject! Why was he being so evasive? :hmm:

And no I do not think that what I'm saying is disrespectful towards Bono. It's just business. I think that what you lot are suggesting makes Bono look stupid. It means that he's the type of person to ignore the fact that his previous treatments for his back never worked and yet not do anything until, surprise surprise, he's aggravated his injury because he'd been using painkillers to mask his injury.

There are wives who wave goodbye to their husbands, as they go to war, and they don't know whether they'd see them again.

Cactus Annie said:
4/ 5 months unexplained break that no one has an answer for in 2010. They had to take a break during the Vertigo tour but if you look back at all their previous tours, there were no long breaks. The final leg of the Vertigo tour had to be postponed last minute but when the dates for the 360 tour was announced the band left the first half of 2010 free. Why?

Probably because they didn't want to do a stadium tour in winter.

Cactus Annie said:
And no I do not think that what I'm saying is disrespectful towards Bono. It's just business. I think that what you lot are suggesting makes Bono look stupid. It means that he's the type of person to ignore the fact that his previous treatments for his back never worked and yet not do anything until, surprise surprise, he's aggravated his injury because he'd been using painkillers to mask his injury.

There are wives who wave goodbye to their husbands, as they go to war, and they don't know whether they'd see them again.

You don't seem to understand back injuries, AT ALL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom