Bono: "My voice annoys me"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Bono's "weakest" voice was from about '94 to '02. He lost a lot of power, couldn't hit a lot of notes, was often hoarse, etc.
I agree somewhat here, yet Elevation is my favorite overall era by U2. I think Bono's voice was best during the Achtung/Zoo era and actually what it is now (2011).

Whatever it is, I like Bono's voice.

:insert"original"AllBecauseOfYoureference:

pah i thought he said he liked the sound of his own voice, while on the subject of tortoises? make yer mind up B-man! :D

I have been enjoying this thread, i guess i like all eras of Mr Bono Vox's voice for different reasons. I loved the burst of passion and difference from what i felt was the cooler than thou voices from the early 80s stuff around at the time. he still has that passion and verve for me but it is in a naturally more lived in (marinated with alchohol and cigarettes too it seems) life experienced voice.

I guess i firrst felt this big time from ATYCLB onwards, his amazing live performance of Sometimes you can't make it on your own right up to Unknown Caller and white as snow. Loving all the individual and thought provoking stuff on this forum -newbie jules

Actually I don't like his voice on anything before TuF. The only time I really enjoy those songs is newer bootlegs of them live.

Back
Top Bottom