Bono Mentioned in Hilary Clinton's E-Mail Scandal

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Wait, Ted was fucking Cruz at a show? Was that in the Experience section of the show?

At one of the Madison Square Garden shows, the one with Lady Gaga I believe (I was at 3 MSG shows I don't remember) Bono did a shoutout to people "in the house tonight." A very special shoutout to Ted Cruz for his philanthropic work with Bono on their save Africa campaign.

My facts might be a detail or two off, but this did happen.

So we can blame Hillary Clinton for Your Blue Room getting the arse and having to put up with months and months of In a Little While?

I'm voting for Trump.

So we can blame Hillary Clinton for Your Blue Room getting the arse and having to put up with months and months of In a Little While?

I'm voting for Trump.

Correction: we have Hillary Clinton to blame for Your Blue Room seeing the light of day at all.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Scandalous!:

"The emails show that, in these and similar cases, the donors did not always get what they wanted, particularly when they sought anything more than a meeting."

It also doesn't say Bono paid money in exchange for asking for his space station 'link'.

What this likely means is that foundation donors probably got their emails read and addressed in a higher priority, and a lot of them used that to ask for whacky stuff, most of which wasn't given.

Just.. Terrible, terrible stuff.

Sent from my fingertips.

Seems like how standard corruption of government officials works. Money gets exchanged, either in unmarked brown envelopes or shady intermediary accounts/foundations, in exchange nothing incriminating gets written down on paper, access to said government official is given, stuff eventually happens in favor of the 'donor'.

Say what you want about 3rd world corruption, in a way I find its blatancy refreshingly honest compared to 1st world corruption.

At one of the Madison Square Garden shows, the one with Lady Gaga I believe (I was at 3 MSG shows I don't remember) Bono did a shoutout to people "in the house tonight." A very special shoutout to Ted Cruz for his philanthropic work with Bono on their save Africa campaign.

My facts might be a detail or two off, but this did happen.
Ugh I remember it now. I can't remember which night but it wasn't the Gaga night cause I was there when he said that and I wasn't at the Gaga night.

I erased it from my memory. Thanks for bringing it up 7. I just threw up in my mouth

9qbgns.jpg

The space thing aside, if you want to do international humanitarian aid you have to hobnob with, be seen with and publicly praise politicians and officials to get shit done. Nobody gives politicians and officials bribe money or give them the friend treatment because they like their baby blue eyes. So in that sense I can understand Bono giving a shout out to Ted Cruz. I'd like think that when he does so he throws up in his mind but Bono is enough of a professional showman that he can say Cruz's name and look sincere. Just like he does each night when he tells the audience how awesome they are and its the best show of the tour and how their city is so special.

I guess people aren't bothered by the idea that politicians perform favors in exchange for money....? That explains a lot about why America is the way it is.

(Nothing to do with Bono, since he apparently didn't actually give any in exchange for 360 space chats.)

I guess people aren't bothered by the idea that politicians perform favors in exchange for money

that has been happening since money and politicians existed, in every country, state, empire, kingdom, tribe, and nation, everywhere on earth, ever in human existence.

I guess people aren't bothered by the idea that politicians perform favors in exchange for money....? That explains a lot about why America is the way it is.

(Nothing to do with Bono, since he apparently didn't actually give any in exchange for 360 space chats.)

So I'm guessing your against religious groups, the NRA, pro life groups, etc. being able to contribute to campaigns?

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

if you want to do international humanitarian aid you have to hobnob with, be seen with and publicly praise politicians and officials to get shit done. So in that sense I can understand Bono giving a shout out to Ted Cruz..

Yeah, but it's a far cry from "What a bomb, what a mistake! What a wanker you have for president! What are you going to do about it? Tell me you're going to do something about it!" (Paris, 1995 on French nuclear testing). I understand people age and change and have to find new ways to be effective, but he's more Knobbo than Bono now. Oh well.

Yeah, but it's a far cry from "What a bomb, what a mistake! What a wanker you have for president! What are you going to do about it? Tell me you're going to do something about it!" (Paris, 1995 on French nuclear testing). I understand people age and change and have to find new ways to be effective, but he's more Knobbo than Bono now. Oh well.

I guess when you're younger you think you have to shout, yell and demonize people to get things done. When you're older you realize that you get infinitely more shit done by being the right kind of nice to people in power. Instead of shouting at people you start negotiating with them. The problem is that most of those negotiations are behind closed doors. So Bono may get more shit done, because we can't see him doing it we think he's just hobnobbing with the filthy politicians.

I think this is a process that most politicians who started out as firebrand activists go through. When they're young they're shouting from the barricades, when they're older they get more shit done, but they now look part of the system they once vilified.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom