Bono - I've Got You Under My Skin (13-April-2013)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That was a very surprisingly good performance. I only say "surprisingly" because I tend to like the more rocking performances. But hell, that was some great showmanship, great singing, and quite a lot of passion all rolled up into one.

Awesome :up:

That was a very surprisingly good performance. I only say "surprisingly" because I tend to like the more rocking performances. But hell, that was some great showmanship, great singing, and quite a lot of passion all rolled up into one.

Awesome :up:

I haven't seen you around here in awhile!

You wrong, these days Bono has no problem at all in hitting the high notes. He prooved that on the 360 tour. From the 90s to 2002 he had a lot of problems. But on Vertigo tour and further he has improved and imporved...
Bonos high notes, vocal highlights from 360 tour era - YouTube

Just stop. The first four examples there are of Bono yelling.

He can't hit the falsetto that he had in his earlier days with any consistently. Not many singers his age can.

It's not an insult, its inevitability.

I agree his voice has regained a lot of the power that it had previously lost... but his days of hitting that high falsetto are long gone. Frankly if he still could hit that falsetto I'd think they were auto tuning.

He can't hit the falsetto that he had in his earlier days with any consistently. Not many singers his age can.

It's not an insult, its inevitability.

I agree his voice has regained a lot of the power that it had previously lost... but his days of hitting that high falsetto are long gone. Frankly if he still could hit that falsetto I'd think they were auto tuning.

You do know that singing in falsetto to hit high notes is kinda "cheating", don't you? It is not difficult at all.

Bono is hitting the high notes in full voice much easier this days than he used to in the terrible era between 98-2002.

Bono's falsetto is pretty bad nowadays, but he's pretty capable of doing non-falsetto high notes.

Those first wasnt the ones I meant, funny that you wrote that, because in the 80s he used yelling alot because he couldnt hit notes live like he can today.

QUOTE=Headache in a Suitcase;7652249]
[/QUOTE]

Totaly agree with you, the falsetto was way better before. What I was talking about was the real voice, Bonos does things with his voice today that he wasnt able to do in the 80s/90s.

The thing is that even if Bonos voice is in a tired shape, even then he is able to hit a high note, this performence is a good example of this(where his voice is very tired but still able to hit a note with a powerful sound Bono in the 80s/90s wouldnt be able to produce)
U2 - Magnificent Live Fordham University [HD - High Quality] Good Morning America - YouTube

The same with this in 3:17:
U2News - Miss Sarajevo - Bono & Edge - A Decade of Difference Concert - YouTube

3:05 in this clip:
Wave of sorrow U2 - YouTube

But the falsetto isnt gone, it is still there. Did you know that one of his highest falsetto notes was hit by him in 2006.

Those first wasnt the ones I meant, funny that you wrote that, because in the 80s he used yelling alot because he couldnt hit notes live like he can today.

QUOTE=Headache in a Suitcase;7652249]

Totaly agree with you, the falsetto was way better before. What I was talking about was the real voice, Bonos does things with his voice today that he wasnt able to do in the 80s/90s.

The thing is that even if Bonos voice is in a tired shape, even then he is able to hit a high note, this performence is a good example of this(where his voice is very tired but still able to hit a note with a powerful sound Bono in the 80s/90s wouldnt be able to produce)
U2 - Magnificent Live Fordham University [HD - High Quality] Good Morning America - YouTube

The same with this in 3:17:
U2News - Miss Sarajevo - Bono & Edge - A Decade of Difference Concert - YouTube

3:05 in this clip:
Wave of sorrow U2 - YouTube

But the falsetto isnt gone, it is still there. Did you know that one of his highest falsetto notes was hit by him in 2006.[/QUOTE]

Bono's falsetto was always hit and miss in the 80's. He managed to control it in the early to mid 90's. Now it's worst than ever live. But the full voice high note Bono is the best now at least since Zoo TV.

Could Bono still perform Lemon? :hmm: not sure he could pull that kind of register off these days. He doesn't have the kind of range he had in his salad days, but he is much more disciplined now. For me, early 90s Bono was perfection. He still had that magnificent falsetto, he had an interesting baritone, he could do pretty much whatever he wanted vocally.

Bono's falsetto was always hit and miss in the 80's. He managed to control it in the early to mid 90's. Now it's worst than ever live. But the full voice high note Bono is the best now at least since Zoo TV.

On ZooTV he wanst that good in hitting the high notes, in fact he used the falsetto instead of trying to hit the high notes in full open voice.
His deep low voice and falsetto was the highlight on ZooTV.

Meh. It's OK. We've seen this movie before.

Most interesting thing about this is that Bono looks great. He seems to be back to fighting weight, and I believe they are preparing for a tour.

I really never see much difference in his weight. He looks the same now as he did during the tour. In fact he looks a bit heavier now if anything. But it doesn't matter, he never really fluctuates all that much. And he always looks perfectly normal weight for himself. :shrug:

I really never see much difference in his weight. He looks the same now as he did during the tour. In fact he looks a bit heavier now if anything. But it doesn't matter, he never really fluctuates all that much. And he always looks perfectly normal weight for himself. :shrug:

It's strange because I thought he looks thinner now. You can always notice it in his face when he loses weight. Bono has always lost and gained weight, it just gets more and more difficult with age to keep the weight on a certain level and he's not the sporting kind. I can relate, I don't do much sports and I love to eat :lol:

But let's not turn this into PLEBA :wink:

If anything, the new hairstyle might be a sign of a new U2 era to come.

You're right. Djerdap's avatar proves that.

Yes! Thank you for helping prove my point. That was how many years ago? Quite a few. Here he is 2 days ago.

BonoCoachellaCADIESELEDUNRenzoRossoStudioAfricaEventRS4-12-20132.jpg:original

The man has a belly. Lots of people do. It's pretty normal for him these days/years. Also doesn't mean he isn't in pretty decent physical shape. C'mon, there's LOTS worse.

:shifty: Anyway, my original point was he has a very good tailor. :wink: People always seem to think he looks like he's slimming down, when I think he doesn't really change all that much. :hmm:

I'm stunned to see that this thread turned into a discussion about Bono's weight and the state of his voice.

I also agree with BC's posts re his weight. :)

Back
Top Bottom