Bono injured in cycling accident Part 2 glad Leo wasn't riding Tandem

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It's his left arm, btw, something's strange about this picture. I don't think that's him.

That is DEFINITELY him. What's strange? It is the left side that has the floppy sleeve that he is keeping covered with his right hand. You can't see his arm to know what position it's in nor are we his doctors to know what is right. He is also allowed to improve, you know. :rolleyes: Edge's comments may have been true a week and a half ago but the B-man may have been cleared to move around some after that.

I won't argue because there's been so much crap going on in this thread. Just consider me skeptical. And yes, I think that what Edge said two weeks ago is still valid, you don't get fit that quickly. I hope he does, though, I wish him the best.

His legs were fine, so he could certainly get out and about with his left arm immobilized.
Probably just needed Leo to help him get dressed and drive the car for him.

Nobody is saying that he is fit from this photo. Just that he is out and walking (after all, his legs are fine). Plus we don't know if that is 50 feet from his car to where ever or if it was an extended stroll.

I won't argue because there's been so much crap going on in this thread. Just consider me skeptical. And yes, I think that what Edge said two weeks ago is still valid, you don't get fit that quickly. I hope he does, though, I wish him the best.

For a moment I seriously thought you were just joking with that "I don't think it's him" and I laughed :lol:

...but you were serious :ohmy:

They also just released video of him from after the crash

www.youtube.com/watch?v=P_wy8ebqKbA

There's also this article from Dec/7th that says that he was out dining

An intimate sort of homecoming for U2 at end of tour - Independent.ie

Despite the injuries from his bike accident, Bono was in high spirits last week when he surprised fellow diners at Dublin 4 restaurant Belluccis when he spontaneously belted out his lines from the charity single Do They Know It's Christmas while the Band Aid song was playing.

So I don't think he is in a coma :wink: or on bed rest for two months.

I love how his fellow Dubliners just walk right past like they don't give a frig. Which, for all we know, they prob. don't--I'll bet some of them are saying "Serves him right, the bugger." :) I don't know about you, but there's something poignantly Joycean about this pic.

On serious note here... in addition to the best physical care, he's got all the love and support of his family, friends and such around him. And he's seen the "get-well video, so it's nice for him to know that the fans are patient and supportive. Call me crazy, but I think that one's mental and spiritual state really do affect health/recovery to some extant.

Plus there is one other factor that may be involved with the apparent (so far, God willing) rapidity of the recovery: the B-Man must be incredibly p****ed off. I mean, there U2 were, literally just hours away from beginning their reconquering of America with this awesome album, AND SONG--and then, oh the timing--THIS has to happen.

I don't know about you, but my second reaction to news of the accident, after recoiling from the gruesome description, was to put in a "friendly" little heads-up reminder to the Almighty: "Dear Lord, I don't think You were responsible for this (Satan was), but I do think that whoever You've got assigned to him as a guardian angel--the with wings kind, I don't mean Ali--that bloke needs to be fired, PRONTO. He (she?) needs to retire and fast, but not before Micheal calls a tribunal first." I'm only half joking.
When my grandma had colon cancer, the doctors noted how feisty she was during recovery. She was mad as hell that she was sick. And boy, did she recover quickly for that situation.

Great to see. B, just honest to God, don't push it... SOE is gonna be one hell of an album. well, we knew that already, but now!

I dunno, it happened three weeks ago today, and the elbow and finger have been repaired. Just have to wait for the bone to regrow. After seeing this, I googled 'fractured scapula,' and it sounds like as long as it's not displaced, they don't really do anything with it, you just have to take it easy and not put stress on it, no lifting, that sort of thing. I don't think he'd be confined to bed because of it, or anything.

I think it's the coma that is the real problem, here. And what to do with Leo.

Good lord, you don't need bed rest for broken bones.

I don't think that's him.

Oh you're the gift that just keeps giving.

Keep up the great diagnoses, Last Unicorn MD.

Satan caused Bono's accident, yessiree

Hahahaha wasn't that a good joke- oh wait they were serious.

He's back!

https://twitter.com/u2uruguay/status/544232623888166914

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Appears that he doesn't want the camera to snap the other side of his face

10_gustavodemise.gif

The accident was four weeks ago today! That's certainly enough time to get up and around. Hopefully in another month or so we'll be seeing him perform again. I would think he has a performance at the Grammy's as his target, if not before.

His legs were fine, so he could certainly get out and about with his left arm immobilized.
Probably just needed Leo to help him get dressed and drive the car for him.

Didn't you hear? He's not allowed to leave the house. Clearly Pavel.

Disclaimer, Headache: You seem to be the delightfully snarky sort (hence your moniker.) I happen to be what some would call a "Christian" fan of the band, if by Christian you mean by someone who has an active spiritual life. There's even an excellent website for and by some of our loathsome ilk:), wherein we like to analyze the spiritual side of U2's music. My politics are not, thankfully--I believe in a firm separation of church and state and wish that some of the *truly* loathsome "Christian" ilk would just shut the heck up, and if they must open their traps, talk about the poor and oppressed and NOT womens' lives, for example.

Regarding my Satan comment, I wasn't being serious. I'm slowly getting the hang of this place again after a long absence--it's much different than WIRE!--and I just KNEW you'd bite. <g>. But I stand by the guardian angel part, and some of us believers happen to think that the B man has enjoyed a certain amount of divine protection over the decades. I may not stand by the Satan comment, but I can think of folks who are praying for him who would feel that way. Yikes.

Don't worry, though. I may be a Christian but***shhh** I am NOT boring. Just ask CK, in the Shaft thread. More of the band's variety of believer, hmmm?:)

Disclaimer, Headache: You seem to be the delightfully snarky sort (hence your moniker.) I happen to be what some would call a "Christian" fan of the band, if by Christian you mean by someone who has an active spiritual life. There's even an excellent website for and by some of our loathsome ilk:), wherein we like to analyze the spiritual side of U2's music. My politics are not, thankfully--I believe in a firm separation of church and state and wish that some of the *truly* loathsome "Christian" ilk would just shut the heck up, and if they must open their traps, talk about the poor and oppressed and NOT womens' lives, for example.

Regarding my Satan comment, I wasn't being serious. But I stand by the guardian angel part, and some of us believers happen to think that the B man has enjoyed a certain amount of divine protection over the decades. I may not stand by the Satan comment, but I can think of folks who are praying for him who would feel that way. Yikes.

Don't worry, though. I may be a Christian but***shhh** I am NOT boring. Just ask CK, in the Shaft thread. More of the band's variety of believer, hmmm?:)

Soooo

1) I didn't say anything about your Satan comment
2) that shit was crazy

LOL. Headache, you clearly haven't stepped in a church in yrs. Hmmm...maybe one day a trip to B's favorite LA church, where he heard the pastor give a sermon about orgasms. True fact, as documented in Bill Flanagan's book. I've always wondered: And the preacher just HAPPENED to be giving a sermon about the Big O that day. Yeah, right<g>. Oh, to have been in that congregation!

Ah, I've got the hang of this place now. Time to let my snarky side hang out!

LOL. Headache, you clearly haven't stepped in a church in yrs. Hmmm...maybe one day a trip to B's favorite LA church, where he heard the pastor give a sermon about orgasms. True fact, as documented in Bill Flanagan's book. I've always wondered: And the preacher just HAPPENED to be giving a sermon about the Big O that day. Yeah, right<g>. Oh, to have been in that congregation!

Ah, I've got the hang of this place now. Time to let my snarky side hang out!

Whatcha talking bout Willis?

Back
Top Bottom