Bono injured in cycling accident

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
13320-1259093853-size2.jpg

he was showing off i bet.

U2 Singer Bono to Receive 'Intensive Therapy' After Injury | Rolling Stone
Full Statement From Dean Lorich, MD on Bono's Condition

On November 16th, Bono was involved in a high energy bicycle accident when he attempted to avoid another rider. Presented as a Trauma Alert to New York Presbyterian/Weill Cornell's Emergency Department, his Trauma Work-up at that time included multiple x-rays and CAT scans showed injuries that include:

1. Left facial fracture involving the orbit of his eye.

2. Left scapula (shoulder blade) fracture in three separate pieces.

3. Left compound distal humerus fracture where the bone of his humerus was driven though his skin and the bone was in six different pieces. He was taken emergently to the operating room for a five-hour surgery Sunday evening where the elbow was washed out and debrided, a nerve trapped in the break was moved and the bone was repaired with three metal plates and 18 screws.

4. One day later, he had surgery to his left hand to repair a fracture of his 5th metacarpal.

He will require intensive and progressive therapy, however a full recovery is expected.

Dean Lorich, MD
Orthopedic Trauma Surgeon
New York Presbyterian/Weill Cornell Medical Center and Hospital For Special Surgery
Wow.

Holy shit. I was afraid it was worse than a small fracture when it took so long to hear anything.

Yes I say its a little more then the injury he had in the 80's. Hes had some rough luck lately thats for sure.

Bikes are dangerous. I applaud peole who use them to get around cities and avoid pouring more fossile fuel into the atmosphere, but it's still something that movies fragile human bodies at high speeds with little or no protection.

I'd say I either hear of or personably witness about one serious accident a month in DC (a vastly smaller city than NYC) and it scares the life out of me, both for the safety of the biker, and as either a pedestrian or a driver. I hope cities continue to improve safety for cyclists.

It was worse than we may have thought, but it could have been much worse than this.

Sent from

Good grief, that's one hell of a bike accident.

I suppose Bono never was the sort of person to do things by halves...

Bikes are dangerous. I applaud peole who use them to get around cities and avoid pouring more fossile fuel into the atmosphere, but it's still something that movies fragile human bodies at high speeds with little or no protection.

I'd say I either hear of or personably witness about one serious accident a month in DC (a vastly smaller city than NYC) and it scares the life out of me, both for the safety of the biker, and as either a pedestrian or a driver. I hope cities continue to improve safety for cyclists.

It was worse than we may have thought, but it could have been much worse than this.

Sent from

I know we're all thankful it wasn't any worse, but this is not going to be a simple recovery for him. It will hurt even after he's healed.

Shit. I had the immediate feeling that this was more than just a broken bone in his arm, even when I read the original statement on u2.com. That sounds like a horrible accident. Don't expect Bono to make a return anytime soon. We won't be seeing him for months, that's sure.

Get well :hug:

Shit. I had the immediate feeling that this was more than just a broken bone in his arm, even when I read the original statement on u2.com. That sounds like a horrible accident. Don't expect Bono to make a return anytime soon. We won't be seeing him for months, that's sure.

Get well :hug:

I had a feeling too, a strong one and I don't always, but when I do it's usually the case.

I'm thankful he has the love of a good woman who will make sure he is a good patient. :heart:

Wow sounds pretty serious, surely this puts the almost acoustic thing out the window aswell?

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Amazed at how one can have so many different kind of fractures. Oh, man open fractures are so nasty. He'll probably end up with some more battle scars on his upper arm.

I'm really curious to hear the story behind the accident. Meanwhile,
I hope for a full recovery and some updates from the other band members or management.

I bet they can write another album then :wink: Just like last time Bono go himself into trouble.

Don't come to Holland then :wink:

Amazed at how one can have so many different kind of fractures. Oh, man open fractures are so nasty. He'll probably end up with some more battle scars on his upper arm.

I'm really curious to hear the story behind the accident. Meanwhile,
I hope for a full recovery and some updates from the other band members or management.

I bet they can write another album then :wink: Just like last time Bono go himself into trouble.

:lol: Yep, the man has some talent for injuries... gotta have been a good smash if he's broken this many things by crashing off a bloody bike. Damn!

Hope he recovers soon, and who knows, perhaps he'll get some inspiration while stuck in the hospital bed. :wink:

Does anyone else find it strange that Rolling Stone is the one to break the news with the official statement form the hospital instead of U2.com? They are only linking to the Rolling Stone article. Following such an incident that affects U2 appearances and performances, one would think that the official band site would have it first.

Shit! That is some serious shit! It´s almost like a bad car crash... Poor Bono, that must be a hell lot of pain. :sad:
I knew that he wouldn´t cancelled the shows "only" because of broken wrist or something...
I hope his head wasn´t injuread at least! I bet he didn´t wear a helmet.
I wish him quick recovery!

Does anyone else find it strange that Rolling Stone is the one to break the news with the official statement form the hospital instead of U2.com? They are only linking to the Rolling Stone article. Following such an incident that affects U2 appearances and performances, one would think that the official band site would have it first.

U2.com still surprises you with this?
Man , they are always late... :down:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom