Bono injured in cycling accident

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, it's not like he could also have a head injury or a complication from anesthesia like another senselessly deceased famous New Yorker.

Come on, everyone, let's all have a great laugh at the B man's expense.

You others just have no sense of humor.

Me as well, about halfway through.

I think I only got through the first chapter or so, but I was really, really loving it. I'm just really bad about keeping up with non-fiction, so I start something, but the minute I set it down, I forget all about it.

I think I only got through the first chapter or so, but I was really, really loving it. I'm just really bad about keeping up with non-fiction, so I start something, but the minute I set it down, I forget all about it.

Its quite a humorous and intersting read (thus far). I just tend to do most of my reading on the beach, haven't picked it back up since last warm weekend here in mid September. I blame TV (not my own shortcomings).

Its quite a humorous and intersting read (thus far). I just tend to do most of my reading on the beach, haven't picked it back up since last warm weekend here in mid September. I blame TV (not my own shortcomings).

Damn that saucy Red Reddington.

Safe to assume this will be in Bono's wardrobe for the tour.

o-RATESETTER-570.jpg

that just made me laugh!! I think he should wear that when (if) he appears on Fallon :applaud:

It's weird because as I was getting out of the shower this morning, I had a feeling of trepidation about U2's "residency" on the Tonight Show. Jimmy Fallon has been promoting it so heavily for the past 10 days or so, and I couldn't help thinking, "Don't count your chickens before they're hatched." But I was thinking in terms of like, what if U2's plane goes down into the ocean between Europe and the U.S.?
Luckily, it was just a broken arm. Bono will recover. Life will go on. I would have really enjoyed seeing U2 on Jimmy Fallon, but if I can't, it's not the end of the world.
(I'm sure it's very disappointing, however, for the fans who sent in videos for the lip-sync challenge.)

Maybe this will give them time to rethink their 'let's play boring acoustic versions of songs that aren't all that great in the first place' strategy

I recall MTV's last great musical effort - acoustic sets. So many U2 fans wanted U2 to perform some acoustic songs and make it on that show.

U2 never appeared, but now they are offering acoustic performances as b-sides and in live performances.

The result are fans complaining.

Sigh.

I wish Bono a speedy recovery. And don't bike ride in November in NY, even if it appears to be a nice day. Cold can swoop in and with all of those people, blammo!

Oh crikey, everyone here wishes Bono well. Give it a rest.

He took a little tumble from a bike, something anyone who ever rode a bike as a kid did a thousand times, and people are just having some fun (mostly with each other) over it. Yeah, he hurt his arm...I'm sure if he'd had a brain injury the tone would be a little different.

The guy is Irish, they make jokes when people DIE for crying out loud, I think it's OK to have a little fun in this instance.

Thank you.

Seriously, if anyone thinks that even with the jokes, people joking aren't also thinking "Oh shit, that sucks, hope it's not too serious," you're taking this place too seriously. It's not like a thought or feeling doesn't exist if it's not expressed on the internet.

I'm just relieved it wasn't his back again.

Also, while people predictably jumped to make the "Is Bono okay" joke, I am really disappointed in myself - nay, in all of us - that no one said "Achtung, Baby!"
(which I saw someone comment elsewhere).

Guys, I'm literally being questioned about how much I post here at Interference during work.

Shit!

Guys, now I'm being walked out the door.

Seriously, who called my employer?

Whoever you are, you've ruined my life!

I'm gonna have to figure things out financially now. I don't know how I'm going to be able to keep buying new smartphones.

I am seriously pissed off right now. First time I've been fired from a job.

Sweet. I do take PayPal. I was thinking about starting a Facebook thingy, but maybe we could start a fund here for me?

This is all happening very fast.

Just another sign they have jumped the shark, album will be delayed yet again all of this super bowl - hype is just a waste... there will be another album delay the tour will be cancelled they can't remember how t play the songs Bono's forgotten every lyric... haven't we heard all of this before? wait... nevermind

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom