Bono injured in cycling accident

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't say I didn't laugh when I heard it. Hey, at least he was exercising.

Some people take a message board way too seriously.

I laughed until I saw the severity of the injury and then I was just shocked and disappointed that the residency was canceled.

And do you know why I laughed? Because this picture is hilarious.

bono-bike-30jul13-07.jpg

It just is. And I was reminded of it when I saw the headline. As was blueeyedgirl, I'm guessing.

Oh I'm sorry, were you intending to flip off Last Unicorn? My mistake. Carry on.

i meant my original thumbs down comment was none of your business

but yeah sure you're very welcome to my other comment :D

You posted it on the open forum... I don't know how you think this works, but you make posts similar to this pretty frequently, so I'm guessing you just don't get it. That's cool. I mean, to each their own. I'm gonna go back over here now, cause this conversation is historically pointless.

You posted it on the open forum... I don't know how you think this works, but you make posts similar to this pretty frequently, so I'm guessing you just don't get it. That's cool. I mean, to each their own. I'm gonna go back over here now, cause this conversation is historically pointless.

:rolleyes:

(oh sorry, should i have taken that to PM? this is sooooo confusing!!11111!!)

I laughed until I saw the severity of the injury and then I was just shocked and disappointed that the residency was canceled.

And do you know why I laughed? Because this picture is hilarious.

bono-bike-30jul13-07.jpg

It just is. And I was reminded of it when I saw the headline. As was blueeyedgirl, I'm guessing.

:lol: Pretty much.

And seriously, it's just a broken wrist, right? So what the hell are people getting worked up for? Are we supposed to cry because poor Bono got a boo boo? Geez, what happened to having a sense of humour? :crack:

:lol: Pretty much.

And seriously, it's just a broken wrist, right? So what the hell are people getting worked up for? Are we supposed to cry because poor Bono got a boo boo? Geez, what happened to having a sense of humour? :crack:

it's not about humour, i mean, i'm the first and last one laughing when someone falls off a chair for instance, but when someone really hurts themselves and needs surgery, well it's not exactly funny is it?

It would have been better if you hadn't found your passwort.

Laughing about other people's misery, no matter if the name Bono is involved or not, is just totally rude. It's the kind of thing you expect to read from Bono haters in the comment section of certain news sites.

:down:

Exactly! Auch :sad:

it's not about humour, i mean, i'm the first and last one laughing when someone falls off a chair for instance, but when someone really hurts themselves and needs surgery, well it's not exactly funny is it?

I've broken many bones over the years, and if you can't laugh it off, there's pretty much nothing left. Sure, it's horrible for him to happen right now, and it probably sucks... but it's just some broken bones, nothing a surgery and some rest won't fix. Not like he lost an arm or a leg or something.

I've broken many bones over the years, and if you can't laugh it off, there's pretty much nothing left. Sure, it's horrible for him to happen right now, and it probably sucks... but it's just some broken bones, nothing a surgery and some rest won't fix. Not like he lost an arm or a leg or something.

oh sure, i've spent my life hurting myself falling off fast moving things lmfao (to the extent that they started to recognise me in A&E haha), and i'm the first to laugh at myself, but, no, i don't tend to laugh at others in those situations... if i was there and i knew they were fine and they'd had a lucky escape or something, i might crack a joke to cheer them up and make them laugh to hopefully make them feel a bit better, but no, i wouldn't laugh at them... that's mean... for instance, i saw a teenager have a really nasty fall off a horse the other day - she fell right in a muddy puddle on the coldest wettest day so far this winter, got her foot caught in the stirrup and got dragged along the ground by the horse for a few metres - luckily she got up unscathed... should people have been in stitches then??

anyway, i can't quite believe i'm actually having this conversation :crack:

i will stop scolding and leave you to your fun

Since we don't know what really happened and how bad the injury really is I don't think we can say "it's only broken bones", nor can we say the contrary because we don't know. Let's hope it's nothing serious. Anyway, I usually don't laugh about anyone having an accident. It's painful, it sucks, it's just not fun. I always wish people well when they're injured, no matter if their name is Bono or if it's anyone.

Since we don't know what really happened and how bad the injury really is I don't think we can say "it's only broken bones", nor can we say the contrary because we don't know. Let's hope it's nothing serious. Anyway, I usually don't laugh about anyone having an accident. It's painful, it sucks, it's just not fun. I always wish people well when they're injured, no matter if their name is Bono or if it's anyone.

Oh crikey, everyone here wishes Bono well. Give it a rest.

He took a little tumble from a bike, something anyone who ever rode a bike as a kid did a thousand times, and people are just having some fun (mostly with each other) over it. Yeah, he hurt his arm...I'm sure if he'd had a brain injury the tone would be a little different.

The guy is Irish, they make jokes when people DIE for crying out loud, I think it's OK to have a little fun in this instance.

Yay, I started a controversy :love:

I'm sure the poor lad is fine and has the best of medical care. Nothing to do with us. However, I will point and laugh at anything I find personally amusing: it's my duty and right as an Australian.

Right, I'm off to crawl back under my rock....

Fwiw. I've been reading Keef's autobiography: when he hurts himself, he still makes it looks cool (even falling out of a tree), poor Bono falling off a bike ain't quite so outlaw :wink:

Has no one one up with a joke involving Band Aid 30 yet?

I'm disappointed if not cause there is a joke there somewhere.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

I didn't laugh when I read it, I just had to close my eyes and shake my head.

Sometimes I feel like, with all the success and triumphs this band has had over the years, they have the shittiest luck.

I can't say I'm not really disappointed about the Fallon cancellation. Cause no matter what they say about "postponing" it. I just don't see it. We are going into the holidays. Fallon will be doing big breaks, and having pre-scheduled special holiday material going.

And then wasn't the tour supposed to be announced tonight?!?!
Also, was hoping maybe EBW was going to be officially released as a single.

Pretty much puts the nail in the coffin of SOI as an album just because of a fucking bike wreck. gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!:doh:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom