Bono in Malibu

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You know I was thinking it looks like they are trying to do the Grammys. What do you guys think of the possibility of them performing? :hmm:

They're quoting part of his message where he refers to his back injury 4,5 years ago and not his recent injury :doh:

Guess Bono "indulging in booze" again is a good sign for his recovery. Or maybe he's so f***ed that he can only drink to overcome.

You know I was thinking it looks like they are trying to do the Grammys. What do you guys think of the possibility of them performing? :hmm:

Don't know, but maybe they're at least in attendance, since SOI is nominated. Would be nice to see them. Nicer, though, having them perform, but Bono really has to be ready and I have a feeling that it's too early for him.

From the sound of it, he's trying to drink himself back into that coma.

The backfired release of SOI must really have him down.

Sent from

Today a poster in the @U2 forums wrote the following, and I quote:
"a station that airs the Grammys here in AUS, just announced that there would be a 'surprise performance' at the Grammys. Ahem..."

Take that or leave it, but it would fit with Bono and Edge being in Malibu. It might also explain why we were supposed to have an additional LA show presale on Teus-Wed and a general sale on the 30th but that's not happening? Or why the rumored 12 additional dates are being held back? It might make sense for LN to hold back until after a Grammys performance.

In any case, I hope B is making the travel arrangements for the new family. Wouldn't want to leave Leo behind ya know. The Grammys--what an adventure for him:D

I really hope this isn't a "surprise performance", and Bono's just relaxing and resting up (it will be a hard fight to pull himself out of that coma).

I'm not sure the general public has the stomach for another U2 "surprise".

So far only pictures of Edge in and around LA have been seen in recent days, no Bono. Take that "theory" of Bono being in California with a grain of salt. There are still some days to go to the Grammys. Unless the whole band is spotted, I wouldn't think too much about any possible performance at the show.

I guess sooner or later the band will have to appear together again, for tour preparation.

I really hope this isn't a "surprise performance", and Bono's just relaxing and resting up (it will be a hard fight to pull himself out of that coma).

I'm not sure the general public has the stomach for another U2 "surprise".

I actually think it will be incredibly well received by both the audience, critics and most people(assuming it is on par with the EMA performance vs say a Popmart Las Vegas performance).

We tend to focus on the negative comments about things because those people are the loudest and most persistent(or is that obnoxious I'm thinking of) but that doesn't mean that is where the general sentiment is.

I for one welcome a performance.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

i hope Bono milks it. like, they should wheel him out in a hospital bed, attached to all sorts of machines. he's still in a coma, this we can see. the performance can begin with the sound of a heart monitor beeping throughout the arena. then Edge will play some piano, the dry ice fog will swirl, and he'll whisper, "Wake up, dead man," and then Bono will rise, like Jesus, obviously, and sing EBW, battered and bruised, and comments about how the physical injuries he's received are nothing compared to the emotional battering of the release, but still, he's sorry not sorry, bionic arm and back and all, more Vader, now, than Anakin, and we'll see the real him, through his shattered eye socket and realize that, really, SOI is a good album after all. sales will skyrocket. 4 more LA shows will be added. all will be well in the world of U2.

believe.

i hope Bono milks it. like, they should wheel him out in a hospital bed, attached to all sorts of machines. he's still in a coma, this we can see. the performance can begin with the sound of a heart monitor beeping throughout the arena. then Edge will play some piano, the dry ice fog will swirl, and he'll whisper, "Wake up, dead man," and then Bono will rise, like Jesus, obviously, and sing EBW, battered and bruised, and comments about how the physical injuries he's received are nothing compared to the emotional battering of the release, but still, he's sorry not sorry, bionic arm and back and all, more Vader, now, than Anakin, and we'll see the real him, through his shattered eye socket and realize that, really, SOI is a good album after all. sales will skyrocket. 4 more LA shows will be added. all will be well in the world of U2.

believe.

:applaud:

I believe!!!!! :wink:

Close-Encounters-of-the-Third-Kind-1977-Theatrical-Still.jpg

Back
Top Bottom