Bono double offers to resume tour with U2 band

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sue4u2

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
:huh: :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Bono double offers to resume tour with U2 band | Amy Andrews Gossip Girl | IrishCentral

Bono's living breathing double Pavel Sfera (pictured above) has been so successful at it that he once duped the girlfriend of a Miami businessman who paid him $2,500 to have dinner with him and his girlfriend without ever telling her he wasn't the real Bono.

Check out how much Sfera looks like the real thing at | Welcome to the Website of Pavel Sfera, the leading Bono Impersonator |

The incident is revealed by author Mark Joseph on his site Bullypulpit.com

He says he first met Pavel Sfera, "when he spoofed an encounter between Bono and my artist, Molly Jenson when her debut album was released last year.. Pavel was so good that we had people coming up to us while we were shooting on a Beverly Hills sidewalk thinking he was the real deal."

Sfera is now making an offer via Joseph to Bono and U2-- to front for Bono while he is injured and have the U2 tour resume.

So the world's foremost Bono-Double, is making an offer that the real Bono may just want to take him up on:

Since Bono is laid up he says he can make real money for the band.

Don't think Bono and the boys will be much amused.

do-not-want-dog.jpg

ICHC_DoNotWant.jpg

donotwant.png

Sfera is now making an offer via Joseph to Bono and U2-- to front for Bono while he is injured and have the U2 tour resume.

So the world's foremost Bono-Double, is making an offer that the real Bono may just want to take him up on:

Since Bono is laid up he says he can make real money for the band.

I hope he's not serious. If he is, then he has reached a new level of arrogance and delusion.

Can you imagine the rioting that would ensue if the crowd at a U2 show found out that "Bono" was just a phony? :ohmy:

Wow. He doesn't look anything like Bono. Just dresses like him. Kind of.

Sigh. I have tried to be respectable regarding the talk of this guy around here since he is a human being and no one deserves to be bashed behind their back but fuck I give up. This right here
he once duped the girlfriend of a Miami businessman who paid him $2,500 to have dinner with him and his girlfriend without ever telling her he wasn't the real Bono.
Is just wrong and pisses me off.

Not everyone is a crazy U2 fan like we are and has seen him up close or in concert a million times.

Sigh. I have tried to be respectable regarding the talk of this guy around here since he is a human being and no one deserves to be bashed behind their back but fuck I give up. This right here Is just wrong and pisses me off.

I think so too, Sicy. Saying, I am a Bono impersonator is one thing. But, duping people into believing you are that person. Not Kosher. :down:

There were men who impersonated Elvis. Even, when he was alive. But, they worked as an "Elvis Impersonator." They never represented themselves as being anything but that. People knew and went to see their nightclub shows.

:mad::madspit::no::yell::angry:

Need I say more...this guy is a lunatic. He does not look like Bono at all!!! I couldn't even imagine the band would stoop that low and give him a chance!!!

I think so too, Sicy. Saying, I am a Bono impersonator is one thing. But, duping people into believing you are that person. Not Kosher. :down:

I agree. I have no problem with impersonators, but deceiving people is just cruel and wrong. :|

As for his offer to the band...:crack: No way. I guess you can't blame a guy for trying...but...no. :yikes:

Sigh. I have tried to be respectable regarding the talk of this guy around here since he is a human being and no one deserves to be bashed behind their back but fuck I give up. This right here Is just wrong and pisses me off.

Yeah, and what's just as bad is that certain friends of his not only go along with it, but they laugh, smile and take pictures while he he's doing this shit. Keeping quiet about it while someone is being duped is no different than doing it yourself. :down:

If he was really paid that much and never said he wasn't Bono, that makes Bono look bad as well as him. First, I don't think Bono would (a) have dinner with someone random unless something that person did caught his attention; (b) charge to have dinner with anyone. He may charge for some items (speaking at graduations), but I wouldn't be surprised if he just donated that money anyway (or only charged for his expenses, such as flight, hotel, etc.). After all, when one is that wealthy, will an extra $2-5K really mean anything?

In essence, he made both himself and Bono look bad. And while I can see how a more casual fan could be fooled, I know none of us would.

If U2 were forced to replace Bono for whatever reason, and they decided to go on without him (already a point of contention among not only U2 fans, but within U2), I highly doubt being a doppleganger would go far. As Bono writes most of the lyrics and is really the emotional soul of the band, those are some big shoes to fill (literally too as Bono always has lifts - snicker :sexywink: ). For a one-song performance, sure, anyone could fill in, but not for a whole concert, much less a tour. I know I wouldn't go.

How can the action of that person make Bono look bad?
And U2 would call it quits if they had to replace him, c'mon...that's an easy call.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom