Bono double offers to resume tour with U2 band

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Is there nothing Bono/U2 can do about this? Can they not logistically cease and desist his ass?

I mean, there's no way he/they don't know about this guy, right? Or is it conceivable that they don't? I guess there are always impersonators, but it's one thing to go around and pretend you're him, and another to go around and allow people to think you are him.

I mean, it's not like he's going around being a drunk asshole and making people think "I saw Bono crash his Volvo into a fire hydrant last night, and he staggered out of the car holding a vat of cough syrup. That Bono's such an asshole!" But going to the veterans' hospital and pretending you're him? That is some low-ass shit right there.

If they know about him and do nothing (assuming they COULD do something), that makes me feel sad. And a little angry.

BAD BONO, NO COOKIE.

I'm sure if they knew Paul would be all over that shit... That's fucked up if he's making money off of people. They definitely have legal cause to sue his ass.

I was in the inner circle for Anaheim II and some dude with a black leather jacket, dark glasses that looked exactly like Bono's, pierced ears, the hair, etc. walked right through the crowd in the inner circle and the people around me was kind of looking around at him like wtf?! Can anyone confirm whether or not it was Pavel in the inner circle?

I think Principle knows about him. But they probably don't want to give him any more attention than he already has.. it's easy to play the victim role when you're up against a big celebrity, I'd expect that to happen if Bono would sue him.

I better hope this guy is not going to the Canadian shows. If he is and I spot him there, I'm going to call him out for the jerk he is. In public. And I'll make sure I'm loud enough that EVERYONE hears it. :|

Here is the pic he sent.

That picture of "Bono" may fool those not too familiar with Bono, but any fan would instantly know. In fact, it looks like a Halloween costume. Maybe it'll be a hit at this years Spirit Halloween Stores:

Customer: Let's see... there's the vampire costume... the mummy costume...
Attendant: Can I help you, sir?
Customer: Yes, I want a costume, but something a bit different. Not scary this year.
Attendant: Well, we have this Darth Vader outfit.
Customer: Not quite my style.
Attendant: There's this caveman costume.
Customer: Definitely no.
Attendant: What do you like? Are there outside interests, such as hobbies or music or art?
Customer: Well, I am a big fan of U2.
Attendant: Perfect! We have a Bono costume this year. Designed by some guy named Pavel. But it's really cheap. Still, he's even fooled a few people.
Customer: Really? That sounds great! I'll take it. Maybe I'll go pose at VA Hospitals and ask for money!
Attendant: Ha! Good one! Enjoy your costume and Happy Halloween!

Pavel is a toolbag who had the nerve to visit Walter Reed Army Hospital a few years back and actually pose as Bono visiting the injured troops---without telling anyone he was an impersonator. Dick move. I have a friend who was there who sent me an email so excited that he'd met Bono...until he showed me the picture.

Now THAT is disgusting. Talk about no shame.

In Anaheim I remember this guy got out of a swanky black car, with his own "paparazzi" who filmed his every move and was walking along the GA line, waving to the fans, complete with swagger.

But they probably don't want to give him any more attention than he already has.. it's easy to play the victim role when you're up against a big celebrity, I'd expect that to happen if Bono would sue him.

That's a good point.

If I ever encountered him, I wouldn't confront him, but I'd stand close to whoever was flocking around him and say, very loudly, "THAT'S NOT BONO."

But he doesn't look anything LIKE Bono. The only similarities I see are the sunglasses and he sometimes dresses like him. Even the voice and accent are dissimilar. Wonder why so people get duped by him. :(

Yeah, I mean I can understand if he shows up at some random convention (like Bono fucking goes to conventions - COME ON), he's going to run into people who kind of vaguely know what Bono looks like, and he'd be close enough.

But at a U2 concert? Where he gets out of a car in front of people who have been lining up for hours? Who you'd think would know what Bono looks like backwards and forwards? COME ON.

I think Principle knows about him. But they probably don't want to give him any more attention than he already has.. it's easy to play the victim role when you're up against a big celebrity, I'd expect that to happen if Bono would sue him.

I better hope this guy is not going to the Canadian shows. If he is and I spot him there, I'm going to call him out for the jerk he is. In public. And I'll make sure I'm loud enough that EVERYONE hears it. :|

They know about him. They know about all of them, well at least the more visible ones. I like your theory, sounds plausible.

Don't worry about whether or not he shows up in TO or MTL, we have an equally douchey asshole version of Pavel up here, complete with his own "securiy detail" and moronic supporters. You'll see him, pretty sure of it.

Fuck em both. :down: :down:

Pavel is a toolbag who had the nerve to visit Walter Reed Army Hospital a few years back and actually pose as Bono visiting the injured troops---without telling anyone he was an impersonator. Dick move.
:|

I was in the inner circle for Anaheim II and some dude with a black leather jacket, dark glasses that looked exactly like Bono's, pierced ears, the hair, etc. walked right through the crowd in the inner circle and the people around me was kind of looking around at him like wtf?! Can anyone confirm whether or not it was Pavel in the inner circle?

Yes, it was.

They know about him. They know about all of them, well at least the more visible ones. I like your theory, sounds plausible.

Don't worry about whether or not he shows up in TO or MTL, we have an equally douchey asshole version of Pavel up here, complete with his own "securiy detail" and moronic supporters. You'll see him, pretty sure of it.

Fuck em both. :down: :down:

Oh, that's going to be fun then. :rubshandstogether:

Yep it was him. Same dude who was swaggering outside too.

If I see Pavel at the Chicago gig, I'm going to ask him for his autograph, not Bono's; I want him to realize just how little he looks like the man.

The BEST thing about these Pavel threads is that the Interference Zeitgeist continues to support him by being offended by him and keeping him notable.

The irony is incredible :drool:

:sexywink:

Back
Top Bottom