Click Here to Login

Old 03-01-2009, 09:14 PM   #81
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 09:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by catlhere View Post
Bono Hates Chris Martin from Coldplay - Bodog Beat

Now someone has turned it into Bono "hating" Chris Martin. Why do people blow things up more than need be.
I created a blog stating that Bono and Martin really are lovers and had a little spat that day. But later, they made up in a way that only two rock stars know how. Gwyneth videotaped.

Old 03-01-2009, 09:16 PM   #82
MMP
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 03:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by financeguy View Post
Bono and Chris Martin are as boring as each other.
Oh yeah, they're awesome!

MMP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 09:23 PM   #83
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 05:42 AM
It does remind me of the simpsons episode but he did say it very tounge and cheek
Yahweh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 09:46 PM   #84
New Yorker

Local Time: 01:42 AM
A whole lot of fuss about nothing...news must have been slow that day. Chris Martin should thank Bono for giving him some free publicity.
U2FloridaFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 09:50 PM   #85
Blue Crack Supplier

Location: 8 years and I still can't think of anything witty to put here
I'm surprised you can't say "wanker" on air in the UK.

If I ever go there, I'll be sure and say wanker as much as possible. Wanker, wanker, wanker.

wanker
kellyahern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 10:08 PM   #86
War Child

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slipstream View Post
It's amazing that these crap journalists maliciously spin it into a negative story. They know exactly what they're doing and for this they should be taken out back and........well I'll leave that to myself.

Notice they don't even write that Bono said he apologised, said he was joking, complemented Martin, and even went on to say he spent New Years with him at a party in Scotland. What's bad when this happens is that the story then gets regurgitated and spun off to every Tom, Dick, and Harry who thinks they're a journalist without getting the facts straight. The same thing happened to Mickey Rourke and Sean Penn recently.

I can't believe there are that many gullible people out there that think Bono was being really serious....reminds me of the game "Telephone" when I was young...one kid tells the person next to him a phrase ...by the time you get 20 or so people down the line the original phrase was completely changed
buzzkill27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 10:23 PM   #87
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

The ppl over on at Coldplaying forum aren't even taking this seriously, and they are devoted followers of the Church of Christ Martin.
OrARoundabout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 10:25 PM   #88
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galeongirl View Post
Does anyone remember MTV's Celebrity Deathmatch?

No audio but the madness starts 42 seconds...SO BLOODY
OrARoundabout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 11:35 PM   #89
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 09:42 PM
I have the whole Bono vs CM match for ipod if anyone wants it
bonocomet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 01:27 AM   #90
The Fly

Local Time: 05:42 PM
The media are probably only making a big deal out of this whole thing because Bono isn't known for saying stuff like this. It may have been a "joke", but I really can't see why Bono would find it so funny to call someone who has openly been a huge U2 fan a "wanker" and a "dysfunctional cretin" on air, even if he then goes on to say good stuff about him.
mystery girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 02:52 AM   #91
Galeonbroad

Local Time: 07:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrARoundabout View Post

Don't worry baby, it's gonna be all right. Uncertainty can be a guiding light...
Galeongirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 05:50 AM   #92
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

maybe they should pay more attention to the genius and macca reference. who cares if he made a tongue in cheek joke about the wanker stuff. he called chris martin a genius people and no I do not think he was joking. I do not get the coldplaybashing in here it is so pathetic. Chris martin has allways expressed his admiration, his love and affection towards u2. Never said a bad thing about them. Who can blame him he wants the topspot, whatelse is there to accomplish for this band. It is amazing how big they have become in such a relatively short period of time.
zwervers2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 05:52 AM   #93
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrARoundabout View Post

loved that show!
zwervers2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 06:52 AM   #94
Acrobat

Local Time: 04:42 PM
I don't why people here hate Chris Martin and CP , they don't brag unlike say Oasis and have written more than two good songs (ahem Oasis).

While Chris is a bit of a muppet, he's inoffensive and if you met in him real life would be a pretty likeable chap.

I think some people here are simply insecure and perceive CP as a threat to U2 (an irrational idea, I know) and feel that they have to personally 'defend' their band by indulging in some mindlessly bashing, of a band that shows unreasonable deference to U2.

Why don't people bash the Killers instead? After all Brandon did say U2 were antiquated.

I think the CP bashers here are cut from much the same cloth as the U2 bashers, who didn't like the threat U2 presented to their true "sex, drugs & rock n roll" bands.
razredge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 07:20 AM   #95
Galeonbroad

Quote:
Originally Posted by razredge View Post
I don't why people here hate Chris Martin and CP , they don't brag
Oh really? Then why did I hear CM say that his voice was as good as Bono's during War/UF era's now and that he'll surely will beat him someday.

I dislike coldplay because I can't stand their singer. He's arrogant and has a whiny voice that my ears do not appreciate.
Don't worry baby, it's gonna be all right. Uncertainty can be a guiding light...
Galeongirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 07:21 AM   #96
Forum Moderator

Local Time: 12:42 AM
This is so stupid. I watched the video of the interview before I read this and I honestly can't believe this thread could even last this long.

I've come to believe the press relies heavily on the public generally being idiots to keep their industry alive.
ramblin rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 04:31 PM   #97
Refugee

Local Time: 06:42 AM
I've watched the interview, and I've got a few clear things:

1.-Bono was just joking, he didn't want to say: oh, I admire him very much. He just wanted to make it more interesting. Maybe it wasn't the best of choices, but he was laughing all the time.

2.-The interviewer started the programme asking them if they pee in the shower, which is quite a rude and shocking question, and established clearly that it wasn't to be the most ellegant conversation in the media.

3.- I can't understand why she judged it necessary to apologise on behalf of Bono, instead of apologising on her own behalf, as she was the one who established the low level conversation, she is the conductor of the programme.

4.- She is very intelligent, she used the incident very well on her own benefit.

5.- I've never seen British newspapers so worried when it's Bono or U2 who are insulted in public.

I have nothing against Chris Martin, I like his voice when he's singing and I also like some Coldplay songs, although I'm not a fan I don't understand why so many people here bash him, but I can't either understand why so many people bash and hate Bono here and out of this site, it must be something you can't avoid when you¡re a celebrity.
Marien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 04:45 PM   #98
The Fly

Local Time: 05:42 AM
The audio is easy to find online and on youtube, people. Bono was clearly joking, though it's not obvious if you only quote the wanker line and not the whole conversation! (He also called Martin a disfunctional cretin).

In truth, and all joking aside, however, Chris Martin is indeed a major wanker...and a cretin.
EmitFlesti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 05:40 PM   #99
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 12:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Earnie Shavers View Post
I’m sure over the years he would have developed quite the long list of people he can’t stand, and there would of course be a far larger list of people who can’t stand him, but he’s no Gallagher, this would pretty much be the first time he’s ever blasted someone like this. So firstly it’s totally out of character, and it’s someone that by all other reports he gets along with very well, a guy who openly idolizes him. Not only that, but, despite what all the utterly ridiculous Martin/Coldplay bashers around here like to say, Chris Martin is well known as a really, really nice guy (opposite of wanker), a clean living, highly ambitious guy (opposite of dysfunctional) and very intelligent (opposite of a cretin). Stupid for Bono not to realise that what he was saying could be so easily isolated and headlined, but he probably assumed everyone had the same opinion of Martin, so it would be like someone saying “oh yeah, Johnny Depp, great actor, obviously really ugly though”, where no-one would take that as anything other than a joke.
Well, exactly. I was trying to remember if Bono had ever dissed another performer over the years, and I came up empty. That's just not who he is.

I'm quite disappointed, though. I thought the British had a better sense of humour than this, lol.

On the bright side, it's knocked that ridiculous tax haven story off the front page.
VintagePunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 05:48 PM   #100
Blue Crack Addict

Henry Rollins, "the vegetable", as he put it.

U2girl is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bono, chris martin