Bono awarded RFK Center for Justice ROH award tonight in NY

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
And I think he sang the Redemption song with Wyclef, hopefully that will show up as well.

Yep, he did Redemption Song, and maybe something else? The detail of reports from this event has been craptacular.

Found a snippet of Bono's speech online:

"Though we're not usually that partial to Royals, growing up in Ireland in the 70s, the Kennedy family felt like an Irish royal family. Bobby Kennedy was a super-hero, an Irish scrapper who didn't see any contradiction between hard-headed pragmatism and an idealism that challenged all of us to change the world. That's why the Ripple of Hope award means so much. RFK was the blue print for our activism in the ONE campaign," Bono said. "The image of Bobby that will forever be in my mind is of a man with his sleeves rolled up, hard at work and showing a hint of muscle. His life is an enduring challenge to all of us to do more, get beyond ourselves and send out our own ripples of hope to the world"

Doesn't sound craptacular to me.:wink:

I went down there, but couldn't get close to where the Red Carpet was. Too many secruity and I didn't want to risk getting thrown out of the area.

Doesn't sound craptacular to me.:wink:

:huh: I didn't say the speech was craptacular. I was commenting on the low volume of news reports and the lack of information therein.

Anyway, the press release indicates Redemption Song was the only song Bono performed. Wyclef Jean also did Carnival.

:huh: I didn't say the speech was craptacular. I was commenting on the low volume of news reports and the lack of information therein.

Anyway, the press release indicates Redemption Song was the only song Bono performed. Wyclef Jean also did Carnival.

Gotcha. I thought you meant the reported details of the event/speech were that it was craptacular overall, not that the lack of reporting was craptaclar. Sorry for misunderstanding. I was teasing anyway. ... thus the :wink: :D

Yeah, I am surprised how this wasn't in the media more also.
I will give props to MSNBC's Morning Joe however, they interviewed Kerry Kennedy and Wyclef Jean in the studio that morning, but made ZERO mention of Bono receiving the award also. I thought that was werid. I mean, no mention whatsoever....zip, nada. Maybe it's the Bono overkill thing. The man has won so many awards...it's almost anti-climatic now isn't it?

Back
Top Bottom