Bono at the Robin Hood Foundation gala

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Thanks!

It's a bit clunky musically. They're not sure exactly what each other is going to do..and I'm sure they didn't get to rehearse it alot.

So while One sounds more natural/polished...I really think that this song could have some promise if they worked on it a bit. It's definately more in her style vocally. Maybe they'll give it another go.

They should do my remix version and include the solo. The "atm machine" needs to go. For the first moment of the song, I thought that's what they were doing! lol

U2 - Moment Of Surrender (UNOFFICIAL single edit) - YouTube

Not bad at all, One was very seasoned which is to be expected, MOS was pretty good, little slip ups, but that was to be expected, passion was there. Can't wait until something new from the boys and shows, gaggedy gaggedy goo! :)

I don't know Boyzone...but sounds like a bubble gum pop boy band?

In which case, entirely appropriate! ST is U2 pure pop fluff, if nothing else! (I actually like it, don't understand the hate for it. It's cute)

Watch the video of ST again. :wink: They're in it.

Comparing Mary J Blige and Britney Spears?

You are hereby banned from ever discussing the subject of 'vocals' ever again.

Not in speaking of voice, speaking of flat-commerical shaped artist. I think Mary J Blige music is a flat as Britney's.

You realize that your opinion on singing, vocals, and the understanding of same has reached Interference meme status now, right?

Like I wrote above in other views, not in vocal views. Everthing she sings sounds mainstream-pop.... :)

I know I speak alot in voice-views, but I can speak about other things also :) Just like you gvox. Most of the time your a known for talking music, but sometimes you write about other things, like that time when you posted childish things in my own guestebook using "gay" as swearwords, typical homophobian behavoir...

I'm halfway through this MOS performance, and I think it's absolutely fantastic. Sorry, Peter, usually I agree with you, but not on this.

I hope so much that MOS makes the next tour.

Not in speaking of voice, speaking of flat-commerical shaped artist. I think Mary J Blige music is a flat as Britney's.

You can call Mary J Blige's vocals many things but I'd never call them flat. You can really hear the emotion behind what she sings. If you don't like R&B, that's fine, but I just don't get comparing her in any way shape or form to Britney Spears.

You can call Mary J Blige's vocals many things but I'd never call them flat. You can really hear the emotion behind what she sings. If you don't like R&B, that's fine, but I just don't get comparing her in any way shape or form to Britney Spears.

It's pasteurized R&B (or Soul). It's fast food music as much as Britney Spears. Perhaps, Britney Spears is even more genuine as it's not trying to be anything more than what it is.

If the industry-proclaimed queen of hip-hop/soul is 'pasteurized r n b'...then U2 is "pasteurized rock" (x100) and therefore it's a perfect match for them to duet and you all need to get off hating MJB. Hate Ashanti or fucking Ciara or something..but Mary? Seriously?

Pop princess? Give your head a shake. From Real Love onward MJB was the voice of this generations RnB soul movement. Yes, she gained popularity, but the just means pop came around to accepting RnB, nothing else.

Each diss just gets stupider and stupider. What's next, a substance abuse jab? :down: :tsk:

Thanks!

It's a bit clunky musically. They're not sure exactly what each other is going to do..and I'm sure they didn't get to rehearse it alot.

So while One sounds more natural/polished...I really think that this song could have some promise if they worked on it a bit. It's definately more in her style vocally. Maybe they'll give it another go.

U2 - Moment Of Surrender (UNOFFICIAL single edit) - YouTube

yes.

this could be hot shit if they work on it. tons of potential, and a reminder that this is easily one of their very best songs of the 00s.

yes.

this could be hot shit if they work on it. tons of potential, and a reminder that this is easily one of their very best songs of the 00s.

And if they brought the rhythm section in. Listening to it this way really made me realize how much Adam and Larry bring to it.

Back
Top Bottom