Bono and Mother Teresa

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jewetts

Babyface
Did Bono and Mother Teresa ever meet face to face? What has been written about their meeting. Also has Bono quoted Mother Teresa. Basically I am wondering how she influenced Bono.

Mother Theresa was a friend of poverty, not of the poor - Christopher Hitchens RIP

So, jewetts - I think it's safe to say at this point no one knows.

I don't recall ever hearing anything about Bono meeting her. If he had, I'm sure he'd bring it up aaaaall the time. :wink:

He was one of the most intelligent minds, Hitchens, Dawkins, Harris... all of them is important in the world. Apsecially when there in 2012 are creationists in the poltics in USA...

Funny, but he's the first person I thought of when I read the thread title as well... Hadn't decided if I wanted to stir that pot though. But I'm glad it was stirred

Mother Theresa knew one person no matter how wonderful is not cabable of being the reward the payback and the dangling carrot.She wrote about half open windows being very confusing whether looking in or out.Bono arranged many biblical sentences into well known songs too bad he's arranging analogies and metaphors into apathy.

are you happy elvis I returned to the blue house but dont get use to it Im sure to be booted out the door before the next moon

rod-serling.jpg

I really liked Christopher Hitchens, he was a smart guy, but he was destroyed in this debate.

Why would the guy spend any time on writing about something he doesn't understand? So an atheist wrote a book that revealed that someone with faith had doubts? And it's supposed to be scandalous?

The guys a freakin' atheist, what's his point of reference??

Oh sorry, he's actually an "antitheist"

Hitchens claims he’s not an atheist, but in fact an “antitheist.”

“You could be an atheist and wish that the belief was true. You could; I know some people who do,” he says. “An antitheist, a term I’m trying to get into circulation, is someone who’s very relieved that there’s no evidence for this proposition.”

:scratch:

Journalist and provocateur Christopher Hitchens picks a fight with God - CBC Arts | Books

It's not politically correct but I half-laughed when the fella on the right(side...of the screen) told Hitch the first time that an englishman should be quiet when an Irish Man talked.....

.....the second time he said it I half-laughed louder.

I didn't bother watching the second video because it had a silly name

In answer to the first question about whether or not Mother Teresa ever met Bono I read somewhere she saw them on the last leg of the Boy tour in 1981

She was later tried and convicted of stealing Bonos Briefcase.....highjinx ensued.

She skipped bail........

I really liked Christopher Hitchens, he was a smart guy, but he was destroyed in this debate.

Why would the guy spend any time on writing about something he doesn't understand? So an atheist wrote a book that revealed that someone with faith had doubts? And it's supposed to be scandalous?

The guys a freakin' atheist, what's his point of reference??

Oh sorry, he's actually an "antitheist"

Hitchens claims he’s not an atheist, but in fact an “antitheist.”

“You could be an atheist and wish that the belief was true. You could; I know some people who do,” he says. “An antitheist, a term I’m trying to get into circulation, is someone who’s very relieved that there’s no evidence for this proposition.”

Journalist and provocateur Christopher Hitchens picks a fight with God - CBC Arts | Books

It's not politically correct but I half-laughed when the fella on the right(side...of the screen) told Hitch the first time that an englishman should be quiet when an Irish Man talked.....

.....the second time he said it I half-laughed louder.

I didn't bother watching the second video because it had a silly name

In answer to the first question about whether or not Mother Teresa ever met Bono I read somewhere she saw them on the last leg of the Boy tour in 1981

She was later tried and convicted of stealing Bonos Briefcase.....highjinx ensued.

She skipped bail........

I forgot to add...

RIP Christopher Hitchens!!!
RIP Hells Angel!!!

Back
Top Bottom