Bono & Edge to Appear on Letterman Show Monday

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

one4u2

ONE love, blood, life
Why did they not give me enough notice to get tickets :scream:!!!

Bono & Edge to Appear on Letterman Show Monday

Bono and The Edge are due to appear next Monday, July 18, on The Late Show with David Letterman. And there'll also be a live performance from Spider-Man: Turn Off The Dark. We don't know if that'll be a cast-only performance, or if Bono and Edge will join in (as they did at the American Idol finale in May).

The news comes via The Late Show's Twitter account, which just posted this message a few minutes ago:

JUST ANNOUNCED: U2's Bono & The Edge are Dave's guests Monday night on @Late_Show. Also: a performance from @SpideyOnBway. #U2 #Spiderman

The Late Show airs on CBS stations at 11:35 pm ET/PT. Hopefully, Monday's appearance won't be canceled like Bono's & Edge's plans to appear on The Tonight Show were last month.

UPDATE: According to Theater Mania, Patrick Page and the cast will perform "A Freak Like Me," while Bono and Edge will talk to Letterman.

Does anyone know if this will be taped earlier on Monday, is that how its normally done? Just I'll be in the area on that day, might see if I can go down to the stage door :D

Does anyone know if this will be taped earlier on Monday, is that how its normally done? Just I'll be in the area on that day, might see if I can go down to the stage door :D

it's taped earlier but not sure when

possibly 4 PM-ish

I was there for some of the full band's DLvisit's
for NLOTH MARCH and it was still light out
whenthey went in of course PITCH BLACK
when they came out out

look up DL SHow

Surprise: Bono & Edge Perform for Letterman

If you're planning to tune in tonight to see Bono & The Edge talk to David Letterman on The Late Show, you won't be disappointed. They're the only interview guests on the show and spend two full segments with Dave talking about the U2 360 tour, Bono's injury and, of course, the Spider-Man: Turn Off The Dark production.

But according to a friend of ours that attended the taping, there's also a nice surprise: an acoustic performance of "Stuck In A Moment You Can't Get Out Of." It happened during a conversation about songwriting, when Edge suddenly reached behind his chair and grabbed an acoustic guitar so the two of them could sing the song. Bono explained to Dave that the song was written about late INXS frontman Michael Hutchence -- and also admitted that Adam called it a "sissy song." After Bono & Edge wrapped up their chat with Dave, the Spider-Man cast came out and performed "A Freak Like Me Needs Company" during the show's final segment.

The Late Show with David Letterman airs on CBS stations at 11:35 pm ET/PT. Thx to Suzy for the report from inside the Sullivan Theatre!

Fucking sweet! Adam mentions, long interview, bonus performance and Patrick Page!! (who imho is better to look at than reeve carney)

:popcorn:

is there live streaming of CBS/Letterman? Can I watch it live on cbs.com? I don't wanna go to my apartment's dingy and scary "lounge" to watch the TV there, I only have a computer

**Hobo alert!**

Watching Letterman, good appearance so far but...OK, what's up with Bono's right leg that he's keeping it stretched out like that while sitting? :eyebrow:

Very noticeable. :lol: And it sounded like if Bono was literally screaming. Nice version of Stuck though, will like it as long as it's not under The Claw. :wink:

It's become rather endearing. I'm ABSOLUTELY certain I couldn't remember the lyrics to that many songs.

WHOA that is some serious weirdness......

I loved it....it was charming. Edge particularly was very good with his diction and the "Oh...there's a guitar right here".

See you soon Bono!

So it's over, then? Now we wait for youtube *sits back*

Aww, only Bono can get away with forgetting his own lyrics, even to a non-U2 crowd

I just want to say, after years of criticizing his vocal performances, but especially those on TV, when it counts a lot...Bono sounded really great. And I don't much care for that song but it was all good stuff. And the crowd went nuts.

The Spiderman song? Embarrassing.

Back
Top Bottom