Bono and Edge play with BB King: When love comes to town

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Nice version, and Bono's really in great voice. The song is down a semitone, but still it's a fine display.

Santiago

It was fantastic. I was there! I never dreamed I'd get to see them perform that song with BB again. :heart: What a great night!

(I just got home from the show... I'm still on a high!)

Ooh, nice. Wasn't expecting this. :up:

For the statistically interested, this is the first time any members of U2 have performed WLCTT since the band played it on 28 August 1993 in Dublin.

I thought Bono sounded pretty good in some parts, although after hearing it on the radio earlier today I was hoping he'd just tear his vocals apart with that screechy engine of a wail. Can't win them all, though.

I thought Bono sounded pretty good in some parts, although after hearing it on the radio earlier today I was hoping he'd just tear his vocals apart with that screechy engine of a wail. Can't win them all, though.

Of course we always need to find something to complain about.

Yes, mp3 would be VERY much appreciated!

So good to hear and see Bono and Edge perform again.

Of course we always need to find something to complain about.

Of course, you always need to find something to grizzle about in other people's posts. Is nothing good enough unless it's gushing praise?

Wow thanks for sharing this! I got to see BB perform this song sans U2 this summer. It was more like the uptempo part after about 4 minutes into this clip. I would've loved to see them perform this together in my lifetime, though.

It's better than East Rutherford, like you said originally in your post. :hyper:

OK, compared to the 1997-2001 years, he sounds better.
1984 - Zoo TV, not so much.

I think it's sad that people cannot simply enjoy this performance without analyzing Bono's vocal skills. This was a beautiful tribute to B. B. King, not a U2 concert.

Btw, I think Edge's guitar playing was so much better in the 80s.

Cool, I had no idea this was going on. BB is a giant, a true legend. I got to see him live last year and he played for over 3 hours, it was a hell of a show. Go see him if you can.

Anyway, yeah, Bono sounds pretty good. He looks pretty good. Obviously he won't be able to belt out this song like he did on the studio version...but the old man is trying. That's all we can ask for, right?

Thanks for this.

This was awesome....what a night :up:

...though I didn't really like the fact that they sped it up at the end....it didn't allow Bono to do much with the song or really belt it out...good stuff regardless :)

FUCKING BRILLIANTTTT!!!!!

Am I the only person who leaped out of their chair at 4:22 (of the originally posted video on the first page) when they really revved it up? Oh man that was frickin AWESOME! I danced my ass off until the end!!!

:drool:

:rockon:

I think it's sad that people cannot simply enjoy this performance without analyzing Bono's vocal skills. This was a beautiful tribute to B. B. King, not a U2 concert.

People did enjoy. And Bono's vocals will get talked about in a performance.

It was great to see several friends there :)
Bono's voice was excellent and BB King sounded very good as well.
It was amazing to hear this song live after 20 years.:up:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom