Bono and Edge on Ross next Friday.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I enjoyed the interview but the problem with Jonathan Ross is that his confidence has taken a big hit since the 'Sachs-gate' storm a few months ago. I love watching his show but his style has really suffered since.

Search Youtube for the interview the whole band gave him for HTDAAB from 2005, that was a great interview with the whole band involved.

^ That was because of a load of holier-than-thou busy bodies displaying their usual hatred towards someone who they don't know because they are wealthier than what they are. Do you remember when that was on the news? It made the top headline. You'd think that the news about Dafur, Iraq or even the report of the endangered panda bear would be more important. But oh no, not according to those clever bigwigs at ITN news. What Jonathan and Russell was done was wrong, admitedly. They both apologized but then the story should have been dropped. Even John Sachs said that the matter should have been dropped, he was happy when they apologized.

Yeah I know exactly why it was made such big news - its was bandwagon Britain at its very worst. But the fact remains, Ross has clearly taken quite a knock from it and it shows in his recent interviews. However, if anyone saw the interview he did with Martin Sheen a few weeks back - that was one of the best interviews I've seen full stop!

Oh and I don't mean to pick holes but - it was Andrew Sachs :reject::wink:

JR is hard to stomach!

Saying he does Interviews is embroidering the truth a bit IMHO. It tends to be 5% all about the person(s) he is talking to and 95% all about him :huh:

The man has an ego the size of the whole of the UK :angry:

" The man has an ego the size of the whole of the UK "

Of all the countries you could of picked, you decided to choose one of the smallest.

:wink:

I enjoyed the interview but the problem with Jonathan Ross is that his confidence has taken a big hit since the 'Sachs-gate' storm a few months ago. I love watching his show but his style has really suffered since.

Search Youtube for the interview the whole band gave him for HTDAAB from 2005, that was a great interview with the whole band involved.

What Ross suffered was just deserts. Althought I find his programme and him entertaining to a degree there is a certain thing about him that I don't like. Maybe its the ridiculous amount of licence payers money that he gets (6 million a year contract) that kinda leaves a sour taste. Especially when in the next breath the BBC are saying they havent the money to bid for top class sporting events. Ok its not Ross's fault he gets that amount of money and he cant be blamed for the twats that run the BBC, but so called stars like him are paid by licence payers, many of whom, like me, would rather see top class sport back on the BBC than watching the Jonathon Ross show.:wink:

and don't get me started on a talentless twat like Russell Brand!

And to think people shoot me down to suggest that when someone is employed to do something, such as singing, cooking gourmet food in a restaurant, participanting in a sport, and that people are paying them a good wage packet for doing so, then they should bloody well do it without cheating. We are in a recession, people who are hard working descent and honest are being made redundant through no fault of their own. They can't afford to pay their mortgage and they could be made homeless. I find Dwight Yorke, Celine Dion and chefs who serve ready-made-meals to paying customers expecting specially prepared meals unforgiveable, greedy and stupid. To say that the singing is good and yet the vocals is enhanced is an oxymoron.

What Ross suffered was just deserts. Althought I find his programme and him entertaining to a degree there is a certain thing about him that I don't like. Maybe its the ridiculous amount of licence payers money that he gets (6 million a year contract) that kinda leaves a sour taste. Especially when in the next breath the BBC are saying they havent the money to bid for top class sporting events. Ok its not Ross's fault he gets that amount of money and he cant be blamed for the twats that run the BBC, but so called stars like him are paid by licence payers, many of whom, like me, would rather see top class sport back on the BBC than watching the Jonathon Ross show.:wink:

and don't get me started on a talentless twat like Russell Brand!

Talentless twat? I think you're being more than generous about the useless cnut.

Back
Top Bottom