Bono and Edge on Ross next Friday.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
THis is during Dame Edna's bit, she says she adores "that little fellow from youtube, little Bono", then wonders if Bono and The Edge are partners. That is when B puts his arm around Edge :lol:

It's worth downloading the whole show for the shots of B&E while they are in the green room I think.

Thank you :up: :D

Yeah there's no way that was live audio. A lot of shots of Bono singing didn't match up to th audio. I loved the video though; a lot of energy there. :up:

Thanks for posting the clips by the way!

Oh, and two other things I was wondering about:
1) why does freaking everybody ask them when they first formed the band? (i.e. something you can find out on wikipedia in 3 seconds)

Jonathan Ross has asked them this question atleast 3 times now. Same as with the ''do you ever fight?'' question

ROFL! Thanks for the clips. Loved Bono's reaction to Street Mission.

:bono: "No no no no! Stop! NO!"

:lmao:

Harder Edge, harder!:lol:

That might be confusing for some but thats what Dame Edna was saying that Edges wife would be saying when they were having sex, she was commenting on The Edge having an odd name. Dame Edna was hilarious as she/he often is. She even interupted Ross's interview with Anjelica Huston.

Harder Edge, harder!:lol:

That might be confusing for some but thats what Dame Edna was saying that Edges wife would be saying when they were having sex, she was commenting on The Edge having an odd name. Dame Edna was hilarious as she/he often is. She even interupted Ross's interview with Anjelica Huston.

:ohmy:

Okay, I NEED to see this.

If I could give them an interview, I'd have a list of songs and ask which they would and wouldn't play live. And they'd have to give reasons. :yes: :nerd:

Its an ambush !!!!

463704422_4436f94cdf.jpg

I WANT THE TRUTH!

clf

Thanks for posting those clips... I loved the Bush hug dodge story!! Right on right on.... Hilarious!!:heart:

yeah, that was good, and one of the only new things in the interview. you would think when interviewing a band with as much history as U2 you could think of something better to ask than "er, when did you guys form again??" And Edge...1976, come on now :doh:

Nice to hear Edge talk though and I laughed at the Coldplay question. Also great footage of Barcelona, and funny to see Bono's reaction to Street Mission.

also I really liked the quote from Bono about joy in their music...made me think of Mr. V's thread :D

The problem was that Jonathan Ross knows bugger all about U2,

also that, let's face it, U2 come across really uncomfortable on chat shows, I don't know what it is..

also that, let's face it, U2 come across really uncomfortable on chat shows, I don't know what it is..

Bono looks uncomfortable on chat shows but Edge always seems pretty cool about it.

You'd be uncomfortable to if you had to answer the same damn questions all the time. They are most likely thinking, get me outta here! Although they did seem amused watching the video.

Did enjoy the interview, but I think I'm gonna give U2 interviews a pass for about the next 3 years, since every one I've seen since 2001 has featured exactly the same questions. You can actually see Edge's face drop in some of the recent interviews when the questioner starts leading to the inevitable, "So, you've been together for 30-odd years... how did you guys stay together for so long when so many other groups didn't?". It's not an asinine question, but f***.... it takes 10 minutes on YouTube to determine that this question has been covered 6, 472 times in this decade, so it might be an idea to try something new. I actually feel sorry for them every time this (or any of another dozen routine questions) comes up.

U2 and Barry Humphries are in the same business. Just showering little shards of joy into the drabness of everyday life, gang. :up:

I enjoyed the bit when Ross said ''it's alot better than saying we have Barry, Paul and Dave on the show''

:lol:

Who cares if they are the questions from other interviews? I got excited when I read that they'll be on the show with Dame Edna. That was the funniest bit. It is an entertainment show. If you want to know something knew about the band and your already more than just a casual fan, these shows aren't really for you. Plus it's nice to see the guys faces on telly.

Bono looks uncomfortable on chat shows but Edge always seems pretty cool about it.

That's because he hates having to explain himself. They already know the questions beforehand because most on most talk shows the guests get to read through the questions. There are no surprises. If I had my own show I can think of two ways to make him feel uncomfortable. Edge is not as silly as Bono so that's why he has nothing to fear. I would make Bono bloody explain his past actions :shifty::macdevil:

So? He has his own life to lead as well. You leave Jonathan Ross alone. I always watch his show no matter whose on.

Back
Top Bottom