Bono and Edge on BBC Radio 1 NOW!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

enajh2

Refugee
Wednesday, 8/19/2009, 13:00 - 16:00 (03:00)
BBC Radio 1

Edith Bowman
(show/game show (general))

New music and chat, plus Edith has a lunch date with Bono - and you're all invited!
Audio, stereo (2 channel)

I'm listening at work! Looks like Your Blue Room is gonna make an appearance then!

What did you think of that unreleased song they played off of The Unforgettable Fire Re-master?

Ughhh... I had to leave in the middle of the interview.

The vocals were recroded by Bono a couple of weeks ago apparently, but the Edge, Larry and Adams parts are from the original UF recording sessions. Anyway, it sounded beautiful! Just can't remember the name of it.

Should be available on IPlayer later.

I hope someone recorded this. Anyone heard it? Does it sound a la UF?

715px-White_city_tube_station.jpg

from U2.com:
"And Edge revealed that Disappearing Act was originally called White City and was started with Brian Eno and Daniel Lanois during the session for The Unforgettabel Fire in 1983. 'We discovered it six months ago, did some work on it in France and it's now finished.'

Expect it as part of the bonus material for the remastered edition of 1984's The Unforgettable Fire, later this year."

Edge correctly identifies intro to Discotheque far before Bono is even aware it is being played!

They can't wait to get to America to play the shows... excited about the outdoor shows.

They filmed a video with the ISS singing an obscure U2 song (Your Blue Room) which *may* be in for Cardiff. Bono didn't sound too convinced though...

A guy calls up and says he couldn't afford tickets until two days before. Bono clumsily replies "We did thir-twenty-five quid tickets for this tour but they sold out". Tut tut Bono.

The demo they played sounds like TUF meets Zooropa to me lol...

Bono AND Edge both said they want to get out the album out very quickly without a long break. In fact, MANY albums in the next few years: Bono wants this to be their heyday.

And he wants the "sharp songs" they create to be played on the radio....

The four "classic" U2 tracks they had to choose between:

One
With or Without You
Streets
Vertigo

Bono chose Vertigo because when they play it live, he is reminded of why they are in a band.

listening to it now on the link you posted earlier :up: just talking about the ticket thing now (with the phone in caller)

what the heck does "sharp songs" even mean? And enough with the want to be on radio bit.

Let us want U2 to be on the radio....

Back
Top Bottom