Bono among the 10 celebrities who lost big financially in 2010.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Given the way they fucked around with the singles from Pop on the Best Of 90-00, I dread the idea of a Pop "remaster" :no:

For some reason when people talk of remastering Pop I envision the band grinning evilly. Like they're about to neuter their dog or something. Which basically is what they did to Discotheque on that remix, getting rid of the Boomcha's like that. :wink: I agree with you, the Pop remaster is not something I look forward of. And that's not because I don't love the album, since I do, but it's because I fear what they're going to do to it.

The article is incomplete.

I have to do my homework, but a few months ago, while reading the above news about the Palm, there was another article about how Bono's investments soared. In other words, one flopped and one took off. I just cannot remember what it was.

Bottom line, like most investors, some things work, some don't. I'm sure he's got counter-balances to his losses. Even the mighty Donald Trump stumbled several times (and with real estate crashing again, Trump's portfolio probably took another hit).

I think they might be referring to the buyout by HP. HP probably paid a premium to what the market price of Palm was on the day of the announcement. But overall, despite the premium, Elevation Partners lost big money on their investment.

Also, Donald Trump is not mighty. :)

Well I wouldn't call Pop the high point in their collection either.

Pop and October kinda fall in the same category of MEH

ooooohh. that's nice
moz-screenshot.png

I do like this post.

Back
Top Bottom