Biggest WTF reactions to your favourite U2 songs?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Intro to Whose Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses: "Sounds like Whale music..."

Sent from my GT-I8190N using U2 Interference mobile app

I actually can completely understand this reaction on hearing that noise for the first time.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

My mom said once that she doesn't like Streets because it "doesn't go anywhere." :shrug:

Sent from my iPad using U2 Interference

I think my favorite thing about that thread is the numerous vain attempts to improve sound quality by transcoding a WMA file to MP3. People kept telling them it was a waste of time, but to no avail.

Last edited:
Young Axver is fucking hilarious. There is an absolute treasure trove of old Axver posts that would bring shame to the great man today.

We should start a Young Axver Post Survivor series to figure out the best one.

Some things that comes to mind when reading that thread..

-the reaction to Mercy was decidedly mixed, and more than a handful had a very "meh" reaction, which is surprising for anything new U2 around here. Case in point...

-- many of you who now like to think of Bomb as one of the low points in U2 history absolutely adored the album when it was still fresh. The comments on that album were perfectly in line with the comments on this one.

--popacrobat was protecting this house even in 2004 #clickclack

bg-protect.jpg

Some things that comes to mind when reading that thread..

-the reaction to Mercy was decidedly mixed, and more than a handful had a very "meh" reaction, which is surprising for anything new U2 around here. Case in point...

-- many of you who now like to think of Bomb as one of the low points in U2 history absolutely adored the album when it was still fresh. The comments on that album were perfectly in line with the comments on this one.

I like the comments about HTDAAB the best:

"This is easily the third best album they have ever made"

"If Mercy and Are You Gonna Wait Forever were on this album it would be at least as good as Achtung Baby!"

:lmao:

We should start a Young Axver Post Survivor series to figure out the best one.

:shifty: Should I go ahead and get my quotes file? I think I have a full page of Axver and other forum members on Vertigo and hutdab.

My missus burst out laughing when Bono rapped with Jay Z on the Berlin MTV EMA awards a few years ago. During Sunday Bloody Sunday I think it was. She still doesn't let me forget it today.

My wife hated the red lasered jacket on the 360 tour aswell. She thought that was dreadfull, also the way Bono swung on the microphone.

Sent from my iPad using U2 Interference

Yahweh is my reincarnation - 10 years flew by like nothing but the young Axver was a lot more fun.

Anybody in this thread remember when this site first opened with a discoball and a 45 second clip of a leaked Discotheque...those were the days when Elvis was cool :)

Glad to see I still have the ability to get on peoples nerves though, a trait I share with Bono.

While I joined in June of 2000 I missed out on some late '90s internet goodness here. I had AOL in '96 and eventually discovered flat rate internet a year later after my family realized AOL's 20 hours of free internet a month was stupid.

Well before this site even had a forum we had an IRC dalnet channel, some great times were had in there :)

Some days I wonder what some of those people are doing now or even if they like U2 at all. Imagine Zooropa being relatively new and Pop not even coming out yet. Crazy stuff.

When Zooropa first came out I was in Jr high and brought the album into art class to listen to - they generally let students bring in some of their favourite music to listen to -I was expecting a decent reaction to the Zooropa album as Achtung Baby had gained mainstream popularity but the overwhelming reaction to it was underwhelming. People at that time seemed more interested in listening to Pearl Jam or the like.

Yahweh is my reincarnation - 10 years flew by like nothing but the young Axver was a lot more fun.

Anybody in this thread remember when this site first opened with a discoball and a 45 second clip of a leaked Discotheque...those were the days when Elvis was cool :)

Glad to see I still have the ability to get on peoples nerves though, a trait I share with Bono.

"Am I bugging you, I don't mean to bug ya.....Edge play the blues!"

Numb had a pretty WTF reaction from people that I knew in 1993 who weren't U2 fans, but it's not exactly my favorite U2 song. It's a decent song. I like the video more.

Yahweh, you NEED some sort of Avatar! Get to it! :up:

And the same goes for YOU, RBW!

Where is the link to the Interference Avi Survivor poll? Or why hasn't this happened yet?

Back
Top Bottom