Biggest Band in the World Poll

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
if U2 doesn't win, it's definitely because of their lack of setlist variation.

Jonas Brothers (Aug. 18, St. Pete Times Forum): Snicker all you like. But if you think Nick, Joe and Kevin aren’t the biggest pop group in the world right now, you’re kidding yourself. The JoBros have a firm (but tender) grasp on the rabid-teenage-girl demo, which has driven musical popularity since the days of the Beatles.
:|

And Fall Out Boy?:rolleyes:

Give me a break. That they're a tiny bit big in the US does not mean they're the biggest band in the WORLD.

Face it Jonas Bros lovers, we in Europe do not give a shit about them.

This poll is ridiculous.

It would be good if it turned out to be between U2, Aerosmith and Bruce. But I'm fearing the other option.

Other options: Bon Jovi, Radiohead, the Eagles, AC/DC, Pearl Jam, Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers, Rush, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Nickelback, Phish, Il Divo.

Since when did Il Divo become a band? They're a singing group. :huh:
And bigger phail for putting NB in that. Way to ditch credibility. :happy:

Can someone tell me who or what Journey is/are? :scratch:

who the hell are the Jonas Brothers?

i guess most of the votes came from teenyboppers that wouldnt know good music if it bit them in the ass.

With Journey leading I don't think teenyboppers are to blame here. And is it really Journey minus Steve Perry? Then that really is just idiotic.

And seriously, do you guys not know who Journey is? I'm quite sure we had a Perry vs. Bono thread or 7 here before.

Journey was actually pretty good back in their heyday, which must have been late 70's early 80s. Honestly i dont know how long they were together but their catalog is nothing compared to u2's 30 years worth of music.

The fact that Jonas Brothers is ahead of u2 flushes any credibility this list might have had down the shitter.

What in the hell? You can excuse idiot teen girls that aren't informed/know nothing about music outside the Disney channel, but Journey is well beyond their time, and were never all that close to 'biggest in the world'. NLOTH reception or not (although its still the biggest release of 2009, so its all relative), U2 really isn't challenged for this title as Vertigo and U2360 have shown.

Um ... it's a stupid internet poll.

Plenty of people will vote for something ridiculous just because they can, and probably because they also like seeing people get all worked up about it. And people will vote a bazillion times to keep their choice in first place.

IM guessing this is a who is the biggest band in the world (from those who are known in the US) poll? Av never even heard of Journey and am almost sure they are pretty much unheard of here in Europe!

Um ... it's a stupid internet poll.

Plenty of people will vote for something ridiculous just because they can, and probably because they also like seeing people get all worked up about it. And people will vote a bazillion times to keep their choice in first place.

are you questioning the wisdom of the readers of the Tampa Bay Times? I'm sorry but I can't think of a more reliable sorce to find out this kind of vital information, can you?

IM guessing this is a who is the biggest band in the world (from those who are known in the US) poll? Av never even heard of Journey and am almost sure they are pretty much unheard of here in Europe!

It's a choice among bands coming to Tampa this summer/fall...not biggest out of every band in existence. Not that that excuses the JoBros votes, but just sayin'.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom