Best version of Vertigo

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have always been a big fan of 'Vertigo' and I agree that that was a sublime performance. Maybe the best I've ever heard. Thanks for the post.

(What I'm not a big fan of in this performance is Bono's slickster-mullet.)

i really enjoy the 360 version. it was actually one of the highlights for me at the Chicago show. the energy is awesome and the final minute is pure rock. love it!

I don't like any versions of Vertigo. That being said, my favorite is Honolulu 2006.

360 version, with the siren-like intro and the new drums in the ending.

i like the siren too on the 360 versions but Bono doesnt realy hit the notes in chorus on any of the 360 versions I have heard he seems to have lost that feeeeeeeeeel sound he could easily pull of in 05

The rock n roll hall of fame version is just so good because the song is new they are being inducted into the hall of fame and the blow the roof of that place and Bonos vocals are absolutely great

I prefer the 360 versions, with the extended outro. The Rose Bowl performance was good, with the "It's Only Rock N' Roll" snippet. :up:

I watched the RRHOF 25th anniversary footage this christmas, and couldnt' stand how bad Vertigo was performed. Bono completely ruined the whole melody.

Interesting to see it was so much better when they were inducted themselves.

For me it's probably the Vertigo tour version with the Stories for Boys reprise. Though the 360 live versions were pretty good too.

I watched the RRHOF 25th anniversary footage this christmas, and couldnt' stand how bad Vertigo was performed.
Gotta say I agree. Wasn't too impressed with the entire set.

Anyways, if people are suggesting Native Son as the worst version, I'll say it's the best.

I watched the RRHOF 25th anniversary footage this christmas, and couldnt' stand how bad Vertigo was performed. Bono completely ruined the whole melody.

Interesting to see it was so much better when they were inducted themselves.

For me it's probably the Vertigo tour version with the Stories for Boys reprise. Though the 360 live versions were pretty good too.

:applaud: 99% agreed, except: For me it's surely the Vertigo version with the Stories For Boys reprise.

I heard the RRHF perfomance yesterday and I really liked it. I think it was the best this year.

Seattle II 2005

It was the first time the infamous "encore" with second Vertigo happened, and it should have been the only time. The performance is really heavy, with Edge adding some cool riffs in the ending, with Bono going seriously nuts. By far the best version I've heard.

The 360 versions are pretty weak IMO. Bono's voice isn't going as far as it has been and Larry's drumming lacks the punch of Vertigo versions.

Back
Top Bottom