Best U2 track of the 2000's ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Refugee
Simple Q: If you have to pick only 1, what's the best track U2 has recorded/released from 2000 to 2009?

I will pick...

City Of Blinding Lights !!!

What a great tune.

Unknown Caller, followed by MOS, Magnificent, Cobble, Electrical Storm, Kite, Beautiful Day, and TGBHF. Not necessarily in that order, although UC is my favorite.

EDIT: Actually, really, NLOTH in its entirety falls under this category.

I dunno, 'Moment of Surrender' is nice in a drone, rainy day kind of way, but isn't it kind of (a) overlong, and (b) lacking in melody to be the best song of the decade??

(Pauses to remember that this is the forum that thinks 'Winter' is better than 'With or Without You'.)

This is not easy but considering for the first time ever last night I sang Karaoke & I sang this song I will say this one

Beautiful Day

:love:

I have several favorites....City of Blinding Lights, The Ground Beneath Her Feet or Kite.

I dunno, 'Moment of Surrender' is nice in a drone, rainy day kind of way, but isn't it kind of (a) overlong, and (b) lacking in melody to be the best song of the decade??

(Pauses to remember that this is the forum that thinks 'Winter' is better than 'With or Without You'.)
a) no
b) no

the rest if my top 5 would be in no order Beautiful Day, Stuck in a moment, Magnificent and Peace on Earth

NO LINE ON THE HORIZON, NO NO LINE

followed by Moment of Surrender and Unknown Caller.

Objectivity

Music is subjective. It's no fact that with or without is better than winter. If someone prefers winter, then that's that.

:crack:

Well, actually the records themselves are set in stone (or set in mp3), so they're not subjective, objectively speaking. People's opinions of them are subjective, though, I will admit.

Well, 'Moment of Surrender' is certainly good for insomniacs... but, er... I do like it... more or less. Seriously, I would edit about half of that song off.

Back
Top Bottom