Best U2 Songs to Dance To?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

theedgeu2

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
Secretly listening to a U2 record that's beyond th
Ok so I have my birthday party in two weeks and we're having a DJ. I can play my choice of music. Thing is it's also my sister's birthday too and let's just say that she likes the crap that's on radio today as well as everyone I invited. I'm not going to play all U2 or a lot of U2 either. I just wanted to know what U2 songs these kids could relate to. That and what would be the best songs to play (Ex. dancing, partying). It doesn't necessarily have to be what they can relate to just whatever you guys think.

Depends on what kind of party you're having. Mescaline + Viva Davidoff = good times.

Mysterious Ways is the first one that comes to mind.

Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me
I Will Follow
Out of Control

Those last two are only good if you like to do the jump-up-and-down-as-if-your-life-depended-on-it kind of dancing. :wink:

Seriously, The Fly (Lounge Fly Mix), Lady With The Spinning Head (Extended Dance Mix), Mysterious Ways and Do You Feel Loved are probably all you need. Also, there are some awesome, obscure dance mixes of Streets and In God's Country out there, as well as the less obscure Quincey & Sonance mix of Beautiful Day from U2 7.

EDIT: Forgot Discotheque (DM Deep Club Mix) and, of course, Lemon (Perfecto Mix). I used to collect fruitlegs, so I have a ton of this crap that I never listen to. :lol: If you don't have these tracks already, run a search on blogsearch.google.com for "U2 discography" and maybe they'll have the singles available. The U2mp3s.com forum is pretty damn slow, but if you need anything specific, they'll upload it for you. One day.

^ Well, it's all about taste... For example, my fav one from POP is Mofo :love:

:hmm: IMO (and as many of you said):

Even Better Than The Real Thing (The Perfecto Mix)
Mysterious Ways (Solar Plexus Club Mix)
Discotheque (Hexidecimal Mix)
Lady With The Spinning Head (Extended Dance Mix)
Salome (Zooromancer Mix)
Lemon (Perfecto Mix)
Beautiful Day (Quincey & Sonance Remix)
And perhaps a POP one, but I'm not sure...

To sum up, I think you need remixes :wink: :lol:

Maybe you could also try The Electric Co. or something like that from Boy :up:

:wave:

Well maybe the Artificial Horizon CD will show up in our mailboxes for those subscribed to U2.com in the next two weeks. It is supposed to have all remixes.

^ Well, it's all about taste... For example, my fav one from POP is Mofo :love:

:hmm: IMO (and as many of you said):

Even Better Than The Real Thing (The Perfecto Mix)
Mysterious Ways (Solar Plexus Club Mix)
Discotheque (Hexidecimal Mix)
Lady With The Spinning Head (Extended Dance Mix)
Salome (Zooromancer Mix)
Lemon (Perfecto Mix)
Beautiful Day (Quincey & Sonance Remix)
And perhaps a POP one, but I'm not sure...

To sum up, I think you need remixes :wink: :lol:

:up:

Well maybe the Artificial Horizon CD will show up in our mailboxes for those subscribed to U2.com in the next two weeks. It is supposed to have all remixes.

Paul McGuinness could deliver the discs on foot more quickly than U2.com ships them out.

Mysterious Ways with a lot of bass.
Do You Feel Loved
and oddly..
New Years Day used to play in some clubs when I was a younger'un, and it always got people moving. It was usually later at night, after beverages were imbibed, and people were already up and moving.

Lemon:drool:

:lol: I have to check out those remixes. It'd be neat if they were on YouTube. I would download them but I just don't know about having files that I'd never listen to again in my life.

There are many remixes in the 2nd CD of 'The Best Of 1990-2000'
Maybe you could download it and get the tracks from there :up: (And if you don't want them just delete them :wink:)

First of all, I say you play as much U2 as you want and not care if they like it :wink:
Your family may attempt to ban you from manning the radio for years to come...but eh :lol:

Anyways, you've already got the best ones I can think of picked out :hmm:
There are a few NYD remixes...but one of them is about ten minutes long and, well :yikes:
Maybe Mofo, DYFL...pray the Remix CD arrives by the party...
For just general jumping around...as other people have mentioned, OOC, IWF...and for some reason, I have always felt like The Refugee should be played at some kind of party. Maybe only if alcohol was involved though :reject:

Honestly, I don't think U2 is all that easy to dance to. But I can't dance anyway, so I'll dance to Sunday Bloody Sunday :lol:

I have always felt like The Refugee should be played at some kind of party. Maybe only if alcohol was involved though :reject:

The good news with this is that alcohol tends to be frequently consumed at parties.

Just go for remixes, basically. Everyone's on the right track. U2 aren't really the most good-time crunkadelica band in the world, so be sure to have a lot of variety besides.

Any of the perfecto mixes really, The Lemon one is my all time favourite.
Either that or you could do the 4th of July shuffle or the MLK tango? :wink:

I recently played I'll Go Crazy If I Don't Go Crazy Tonight" (Redanka's 'Kick the Darkness' Vocal Version) to some non-u2 fans at a party , and they all started to dance:applaud:

Cheers ,

Mauwer

Back
Top Bottom