Best U2 song for your alarm...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Catman

Rock n' Roll Doggie
?

I kinda like using The Miracle, but decided to shake things up in my life and just swapped to Big Girls Are Best. I'll let everyone know how it goes tomorrow morning.

So what about you, fellow users of Interference?

For quite some time as a teenager I used the Under a Blood Red Sky CD as my alarm. It seemed like a good idea originally, something enjoyable to wake up to. I slowly started to sleep through it, so I'd wake up halfway through Gloria, or maybe early in 11 O'clock Tick Tock... I realised this was a problem when I woke up one morning near the end of The Electric Co.

I now have the most obnoxious the-world-is-ending shrieking alarm possible. Not even a song as bad as Stand Up Comedy could get me out of bed to turn off the alarm as quickly as this bad boy.

I had Zooropa as an alarm as a kid. I liked that it eased you into the track for a while before fully kicking in during the third section.

Last edited:
Mornings fucking suck and using any good song to wake you up forever tarnishes the song.

I still get entranced by Arcade Fire’s Wake Up because of this. Same with Catching the Butterfly by the Verve. Like, now, whenever I hear the song, I can’t tell if I’m actually awake and I say “oh shit have I been sleeping this whole time?!” to myself.

Mornings fucking suck and using any good song to wake you up forever tarnishes the song.

I still get entranced by Arcade Fire’s Wake Up because of this. Same with Catching the Butterfly by the Verve. Like, now, whenever I hear the song, I can’t tell if I’m actually awake and I say “oh shit have I been sleeping this whole time?!” to myself.

Wow, you have a bad relationship with consciousness don't you.

If only U2 had a song about
-being wide awake
-not sleeping

Me and Big Girls aren't really working out, so I'm randomly going over you peeps' suggestions.

Electric Co. and Fast Cars sound like they have potential. Whoever said Refujesis--even in jest--go fuck yourself. Wake Up Dead Man and Bad sound nice in theory, but c'mon... hardly practical. I'm afraid Zooropa will be too intoxicating of a listen that I'll just lay there until the song finishes. I laughed at the Clapton joke and then felt bad about it. If I wanted to begin my weekdays with an asskicking, HMTMKMKM would do the job, but I'm looking for something a bit... lighter, I guess. The Zooropa "hidden track" is just a goddamn siren--stop playing around.

I mean that’s part of the problem. If you don’t get any exercise you’re not going to lose weight.
Your cheeky reply made me chortle. Thank you [emoji173]

Intro of EBTTRT. Works great!!
Huh. Didn't even think to use this one, but yeah... I can see this working. Lately though, my biological clock has got me up before the alarm goes off, so it's all kinda moot now. But I'll set it anyway on the off chance my circadian rhythm is out of tune ;)
Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me
I'm too tender in the morning for HMTMKMKM :eek:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom