Best Studio Album of the Decade

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Vote For The Best U2 album of the decade

• All That You Can't Leave Behind

Votes: 44 26.5%
  • How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb

Votes: 13 7.8%
  • No Line On The Horizon

Votes: 109 65.7%

• Total voters
By the way, I listened to Stand Up Comedy today for the first time in maybe 3 months, and I kinda enjoyed it.
Still, not exactly a great song, but it's on it's way from crap to okay for me.
If this continues, the album will have no crap songs on it.
Which further enforces NLOTH as the best album of the decade, and the best album since Zooropa.

I also listened to the song yesterday, it sounded very good. I'm particularly appreciative of Larry's work on the track, and the lyrics don't bug me at all, maybe a bit silly, but I could safely say I enjoy them and the song.

SUC is mostly just a structural disaster. It sounds labored-over and unnatural. On the other hand, the half-dozen disparate elements that make up its 3 1/2 minutes aren't in and of themselves all that offensive. It's just, as a whole, really crappy.

i noticed the people who are not fans off NLOTH are going out of their way to deconstruct and in some cases put down the album. while the people who don't like or rank low ATYCLB & HTDAAB are not doing the same. i wonder why?

I broke down my reasons for disliking the album because I was politely asked to by my internet friend Danny. I don't know if you were referring to my post or not but, yeah. I'm strangely intrigued by the question you've posed here.

i noticed the people who are not fans off NLOTH are going out of their way to deconstruct and in some cases put down the album. while the people who don't like or rank low ATYCLB & HTDAAB are not doing the same. i wonder why?
i'd offer to do this, but i don't know what i could say for atyclb other than saying i absolutely hate it and can't stand a single song on the album. :)

I broke down my reasons for disliking the album because I was politely asked to by my internet friend Danny. I don't know if you were referring to my post or not but, yeah. I'm strangely intrigued by the question you've posed here.

and it was appreciated! great to hear your thoughts. for the most part, i actually agree. i have never connected with Magnificent, largely for the reasons you described, Crazy Tonight is the definition of saccharine, whilst I do like Unknown Caller I think the lyrical idea and those mantra lines in the chorus are horrible as you do. also really like Moment of Surrender, Breathe & the title track.

i guess we just differ in that i love Fez, White as Snow and Cedars.

an example, people, of "discussion of differing opinions" :lol:

So it appears that your opinion is exactly opposite of mine. :)

I really have a hard time understanding how anyone could view Miracle Drug as a better song than Moment of Surrender, though. :shrug:

It's not. The verses are awful. Thankfully, the song is arranged well, has an epic bridge, and builds well enough that you can forget about them somewhat. I still think MD is slightly underrated.

MOS is in a different league though. Vastly superior to nearly everything on Bomb.

How can anyone vote Miracle Drug better than MOS? That's easy. For me, I recognize that MOS is an amazing song. But it doesn't hit me in the gut the way that Miracle Drug does. It just doesn't, period. Miracle Drug is like an emotional experience for me, takes me to another place that MOS doesn't.

We've had 9 years of deconstructing ATYCLB and 5 years of doing the same to HTDAAB.

It could be that people are sick of talking about it. I know I am.

Want to find out more? Use the search function.

How can anyone vote Miracle Drug better than MOS? That's easy. For me, I recognize that MOS is an amazing song. But it doesn't hit me in the gut the way that Miracle Drug does. It just doesn't, period. Miracle Drug is like an emotional experience for me, takes me to another place that MOS doesn't.

You can count me in as part of the small group of people who actually enjoy Miracle Drug. As with most of the album I think the words are, overall, pretty poor, but I love the music. I especially like Adam's playing during the verse and the whole bridge section into Edge's guitar/lyrical solo. It's one of the few things I'm actually glad came from their rewriting sessions with Lillywhite, and I really enjoyed it live as well.

Back
Top Bottom