Best Streets reaction?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

theu2fly

Refugee
So I've been watching videos of live versions of Streets, but I haven't found a video where the crowd is just 110% unbelievable... any examples?

This is the best reaction I ever saw:

Reaction.JPG

City of Blinding Lights - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The chorus was inspired by U2's first concert in New York City following the September 11 attacks during their 2001 Elevation Tour. When the lights illuminated the audience during a performance of "Where the Streets Have No Name", the band saw tears streaming down the faces of many fans. Upon seeing this raw release of emotion, Bono shouted, "Oh you look so beautiful tonight"; later, the band integrated the line into the chorus. The fans' passion, along with the resolve of the city following the attack, were the primary inspirations for many of the song's other lyrics.

That sounds like a possible contender.

I would have cried my eyes out if i would have been on Slane's Castle. The version of Streets there is unforgettable.

I cry my eyes out every time I witness this song being played live. It's so powerful, regardless of the rest of audience's reaction.

Also, even though I wasn't there, it is impossible for me to not start tearing up when watching the Running To Stand Still > Streets segment from the ZooTV DVD.

I cry my eyes out every time I witness this song being played live. It's so powerful, regardless of the rest of audience's reaction.

I agree. Every time I hear Edge play the opening chords it makes my heart want to burst.

I have only been to one concert in person and the rest I have simply watched DVD's/bootlegs of, but I am really fond of the performance at Slane as well.

The reactions to Streets on this past European Leg of the 360 tour were pretty damned amazing, almost consistently every night.

^This.:yes: And if I don't cry, I at least get goosebumps.

Anyway, I don't think I can just pick one, but one that hasn't been mentioned is the version on the Elevation live from Boston DVD. I feel like it can't be left out here. Amazing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pv3aggisqYs

If I only had a time machine, and a contact at TicketMaster........these clips are reminding me of all that I have missed....bittersweet....:sad:

Back
Top Bottom