Best Song Survivor: Zooropa Round V

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Please vote for your LEAST FAVOURITE song

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Axver

Vocal parasite
Please vote for your LEAST FAVOURITE song.

Welcome to the fifth round for Zooropa in Best Song Survivor! The object of this game is to find Interference's favourite U2 song. To do so, songs will be eliminated album-by-album in 24 hour long rounds to leave the favourites to contest a final that will determine the very favourite. The top three songs from this album will proceed to the 1990s semi-finals. Only original U2 songs with official studio releases will compete. Due to dominating past tournaments and the inevitable likelihood that they will do the same this time, Where The Streets Have No Name and One are not in the tournament and can be assumed default equal #1 over and above the ultimate winner.

In the last round, Daddy's Gonna Pay For Your Crashed Car lost.

ORDER OF ELIMINATION
10. Babyface
9. Some Days Are Better Than Others
8. The Wanderer
7. Daddy's Gonna Pay For Your Crashed Car

EIGHTIES GRAND FINALISTS
1. New Year's Day
2. A Sort Of Homecoming
3. The Unforgettable Fire
4. Bad
5. With Or Without You
6. One Tree Hill
7. All I Want Is You

NINETIES SEMI-FINALISTS
1. Until The End Of The World
2. The Fly
3. Mysterious Ways
4. Acrobat

LAST ROUND'S RESULTS
40 votes: Daddy's Gonna Pay For Your Crashed Car
23: Numb
14: The First Time
11: Dirty Day
4: Lemon
2: Stay
0: Zooropa
(Total votes: 94)

The First Time. It just doesn't do as much for me as the other songs left (even if Dirty Day's studio version is frustratingly weak compared to its live incarnation), and hopefully it can protect Numb.

In the last round, Daddy's Gonna Pay For Your Crashed Car lost.

And Interference confirms that its taste sucks - very early in this game.

Voting for Numb.

Saving my vote to save Numb, failing that I'll be voting for 6 minutes of Bono's nuts in a tightening vice.

Numb, because it's not anywhere near as good as anything that's left. How one can vote for The First Time or Stay before it is beyond me.

Numb, because it's not anywhere near as good as anything that's left. How one can vote for The First Time or Stay before it is beyond me.

Numb is a cool, interesting song. The First Time ... I wouldn't go as far as calling it meh, since I do like it, but it's just the least interesting or engaging track here.

Numb is a cool, interesting song. The First Time ... I wouldn't go as far as calling it meh, since I do like it, but it's just the least interesting or engaging track here.

I like Number as an experiment, and it's better than filler, but nothing more.

The First Time is beautiful.

Numb, again. I never used to like The First Time, I always thought it was a bit boring, but now it's grown on me. So although Numb is a nice little oddity, it loses by default.

yeah, you are.

numb.
i know, but since numb's going anyway, there's no point in trying to do anything strategic. if i voted for anything else, i'd vote for dirty day, because the studio version isn't nearly as good as the live performances or the...bitter kiss mix? i can't remember which one i like better.

i know, but since numb's going anyway, there's no point in trying to do anything strategic. if i voted for anything else, i'd vote for dirty day, because the studio version isn't nearly as good as the live performances or the...bitter kiss mix? i can't remember which one i like better.

that's true.

i'm not sure where my vote will go next, tbh.

although what i meant to say is any vote for stay is a wasted vote while numb, the first time and dirty day are still around.

Looks to me like Zooropa, Stay, and Lemon are going to cruise into the semi-finals.

I have a suspicion this round could end in a mercy ruling. I don't want Numb to go, but at this stage, I'd rather we moved on to the next round sooner.

I love Numb, especially the original version, cool song, cool video.
Dirty Day to go, then the first time.

Back
Top Bottom