Best Song Survivor: Taking a Break

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

digitize

ONE love, blood, life
Thanks to an eleventh-hour vote change by a certain member, both Zoo Station and Acrobat were eliminated in the last round. Thus, One, Until the End of the World, The Fly, and Ultraviolet (Light My Way) will progress to the quarterfinal round. However, I am going to delay starting Zooropa's rounds for awhile. Christmas is approaching, and I expect that many people won't be around here during it. Plus, Achtung Baby's rounds were intense, and I think that we could all use the break. I will begin Zooropa's rounds on December 26 (in the US). I may also halt things for a day or so around New Year's. Thanks to Axver to this idea (and many other of "my" good ideas).

Merry Christmas to all those celebrating it. :) I hope you all have a fantastic time with whomever you celebrate with.

Fuck. Had I been online rather than getting drunk in the middle of nowhere for the non-Apocalypse, I would've voted Zoo Station and Acrobat would still be alive.

Rather a shame that One and UV, two of U2's worst songs, have both gone through while Acrobat and LIB, two of U2's best, have gone - but then this Survivor has had some pretty dire results even by comparison with previous editions.

Still, I regret nothing. What a good night.

personally, i'm just glad acrobat's finally gone. i love it, i do think it's one of the best on the album. but it's been clear for a while it was going to be gone. the amount of last-minute vote changing in an attempt to get it to stay for one more round (when it would be eliminated anyway, it's not like acrobat would win the whole thing) was getting out of hand (imo). so hopefully now the vote changing will go back to how it was before, where maybe one person per round asks to have their vote changed.

like i said, i love acrobat too but even if it hadn't been eliminated in the last round, it was going to be eliminated pretty quickly once we got to the quarterfinals. sure it would've jumped up a few spots in the process, but what difference does it make in the end if it ends up in spot 47 versus spot 29? no one remembers what interference picks as their third favourite song, let alone their 52nd favourite.

... but what difference does it make in the end if it ends up in spot 47 versus spot 29?

It means you can't listen to those songs anymore, Khan. If a song doesn't get picked for the next round, you have to remove it from your copies of the albums.

I don't know how to do that, but it is our duty to figure that shit out. With the great power of voting on the songs, come the great responsibility of following through.

Way to go, Interference. Buncha song-killers, that's what you guys are.

...oh shit. i'm going to start registering alters now for the quarterfinals. i'll get banned in the process sure, but if i have to start removing songs off albums, i want to pick the song, damnit!

...oh shit. i'm going to start registering alters now for the quarterfinals. i'll get banned in the process sure, but if i have to start removing songs off albums, i want to pick the song, damnit!

Paying friends to register drone accounts is less detectable!

And so, just as the Mayans of yesteryear predicted, Acrobat falls. The U2 nation mourns tonight, as the EYKIW flag fly's half-staff, and Interference members from The Netherlands to New Zealand; from LA to Toronto; from Sydney to Shaolin, furrow their brows and sigh at so great a loss. Somewhere, a lone tear drops from Bono's swollen cheek. The single greatest piece of music produced by anyone, anywhere, at any time, is silenced.

As charges of vote-rigging and gerrymandering fly from all quarters, the scandal grows and even now as Digitize mysteriously disappears, everyone is asking themselves the same question: how can people vote like this, and act like that? Could LWTSH meet the same fate?

U2 will continue; but can The Hive survive?

One thing is certain: The Queen is not pleased.

Borg+Queen.jpg

But I thought the Hive kissed my arse? Eliminating Acrobat is not kissing my arse.

indeed.

It doesn't seem to be much of anything. Pick the worst to get to the best. Change votes. You guys love the music.

Rock on.

Back
Top Bottom