Best Song Survivor: Early 1980s Quarter Final IV

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Please vote for your LEAST FAVOURITE song

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Axver

Vocal parasite
Please vote for your LEAST FAVOURITE song.

Welcome to the fourth early 1980s quarter final in Best Song Survivor! The object of this game is to find Interference's favourite U2 song. To do so, songs will be eliminated album-by-album in 24 hour long rounds to leave the favourites to contest a final that will determine the very favourite. The top five quarter finalists proceed to the semi-final. Only original U2 songs with official studio releases will compete. Due to dominating past tournaments and the inevitable likelihood that they will do the same this time, Where The Streets Have No Name and One are not in the tournament and can be assumed default equal #1 over and above the ultimate winner.

In the last round, the tie from the final War round was resolved, with Seconds being discarded.

ELIMINATED SONGS
11. A Celebration
10. 11 O'clock Tick Tock
9. Seconds

LAST ROUND'S RESULTS
32 votes: Seconds
25: Like A Song
7: Tomorrow
6: Sunday Bloody Sunday
5: I Will Follow
3: The Electric Co.
2: Out Of Control, Gloria
0: New Year's Day
(Total votes: 82)

As I said last time, I love all these songs, but sometimes SBS's studio version leaves me feeling a little underwhelmed, so it's the easy choice here.

Axver, can you put up some polls for Best Song and Worst Song from the new album? I have a feeling Stand Up Comedy will garner half the votes in the latter category. :|

I only voted Like a Song last time for Seconds sake.

I Will Follow.

Get out of my head!

Or... stay for a while.
cornflakesyc1-1.gif

Axver, can you put up some polls for Best Song and Worst Song from the new album? I have a feeling Stand Up Comedy will garner half the votes in the latter category. :|

I've intentionally timed NLOTH to be as late as possible so that it actually has time to sink in before people vote on it.

I've intentionally timed NLOTH to be as late as possible so that it actually has time to sink in before people vote on it.

I'm just referring to two separate one-off polls. Post them in the Where The Album Has A Name area for discussion over there. And it won't really hint at the eventual winner/loser from the new album since it will likely be some small plurality 'winning' each poll.

Geesh, where is everyone?? Must be listening to NLOTH. Which I am sooooooo pissed I am blocked here at work and can't download :sad:

It blows.....anyways, so does voting for one of these songs. MY least fav out of the group is Tomorrow. Sorry.

IWF to save LAS :sad:

Me too...but I'd probably vote IWF anyway.

. . . . leave I Will Follow alone :rant: :D

I still adore I Will Follow after all these gazilllllliiiiioooon years but I get how some would think its a little :| . . . my attachment to songs has more to do with the emotional attachment than anything else . . . *preparestobeshotdownmymusicalaficionados* :)

I'm just referring to two separate one-off polls. Post them in the Where The Album Has A Name area for discussion over there. And it won't really hint at the eventual winner/loser from the new album since it will likely be some small plurality 'winning' each poll.

I didn't know I was the official poll-maker. WTAHAN is a trainwreck. I'm not in a hurry to drive another train or two into the carnage by making a couple of polls.

C'mon, what's with the lack of an SBS bandwagon, people!

I'm torn between SBS, NYD and whatever it is to save LAS...

Back
Top Bottom