Best Song Survivor: 1984-89 Miscellaneous Super-round

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Please vote for your FAVOURITE song(s)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Axver

Vocal parasite
Please vote for your FAVOURITE song(s).

The four songs with the most votes proceed to the quarter finals. Please vote for all the songs you want to proceed, but preferably no more than five or six.

Welcome to the 1984-89 Miscellaneous Songs super-round in Best Song Survivor! The object of this game is to find Interference's favourite U2 song. To do so, songs will be eliminated album-by-album in 24 hour long rounds to leave the favourites to contest a final that will determine the very favourite. The top four songs from this round will proceed to the quarter finals. Originally, this was meant to be two separate categories with two songs each progressing. However, a couple of songs were moved to the earlier 1978-83 miscellaneous songs round and the two categories merged into one super-category. To maintain consistency in progression, four songs will still go through. This has been on the cards since War Round V and nobody's raised an objection, so I'm running with it. Only original U2 songs with official studio releases will compete. Due to dominating past tournaments and the inevitable likelihood that they will do the same this time, Where The Streets Have No Name and One are not in the tournament and can be assumed default equal #1 over and above the ultimate winner.

In the last round of Rattle And Hum, God Part II was eliminated. Thus Heartland and All I Want Is You progress to the late eighties quarter final. Said quarter final will begin after this round.

ORDER OF ELIMINATION
9. Love Rescue Me
8. When Love Comes To Town
7. Van Diemen's Land
6. Angel Of Harlem
5. Hawkmoon 269
4. Desire
3. God Part II
Qualified: Heartland, All I Want Is You

FINALISTS
1. A Sort Of Homecoming
2. Pride
3. The Unforgettable Fire
4. Bad
5. With Or Without You
6. Running To Stand Still
7. In God's Country
8. One Tree Hill
9. Heartland
10. All I Want Is You

LAST ROUND'S RESULTS
36 votes: God Part II
15: Heartland
1: All I Want Is You
(Total votes: 52 - mercy ruled)

I am cry. :sad:

And we can vote for all songs, :lol: wow.

Mkay love comes tumbling, three sunrises, bass trap, luminous times and walk to the wather for me.

4 of these go on? the same amount as Joshua Tree? that is slightly out of balance I would say.

anyway, Sweetest Thing and Silver and Gold are no-doubters and I'll go with Boomerang I (for some reason the first time I heard it it stuck in my head for a while.)

I've voted for Boomerang II, The Three Sunrises, Bass Trap, Luminous Times, Spanish Eyes, and Rise Up. Bass Trap, Luminous Times, and Spanish Eyes are basically my equal tenth favourite U2 songs ever and I hope they progress. The other three are also strong favourites of mine. I nearly threw a seventh vote at Love Comes Tumbling, but it's a fan favourite here and I'm sure its progression is assured. Plus I admit to some strategy in that I'd rather Bass Trap, Luminous Times, and Spanish Eyes get through, and one less vote for LCT is one less hurdle.

4 of these go on? the same amount as Joshua Tree? that is slightly out of balance I would say.

:rolleyes:

Originally, this was meant to be two separate categories with two songs each progressing. [...] To maintain consistency in progression, four songs will still go through. This has been on the cards since War Round V and nobody's raised an objection, so I'm running with it.

Try reading, please.

You had weeks to object. There were going to be six miscellaneous songs in the finals no matter what, so this doesn't change the balance. Though actually, under the old scheme, the six miscellaneous songs were going straight to the semis, while under this, they only make it to the quarters, so there will probably be less/no miscellaneous in the semis, which in your apparent world of "miscellaneous is inferior to album" probably improves the balance.

Bass Trap, Luminous Times, Walk to the Water and Race Against Time for me.

The last one's a bit random, but for some strange reason I love it. Must be the drums/bass.

Boomerang II
Love Comes Tumbling
Bass Trap
Luminous Times
Walk to the Water
Spanish Eyes

Hey Ax:wave:
Completely missed what's going on here and voted to save Wave Of Sorrow, please wipe my sins, and thatvote!, away!!
Instead please give votes to Spanish Eyes, Boomerang 2, Three Sunrises, Walk To The Water, Bass Trap and Deep in the heart!

Thanks!!

thanks for the multiple votes. dead handy :wave:

boomerang I
three sunrises
love comes tumbling
bass trap
spanish eyes
race against time

Love Comes Tumbling
Bass Trap
Luminous Times
The Three Sunrises
Walk to the Water
Spanish Eyes
Hallelujah Here She Comes

I voted for 7, cause I couldn't NOT vote for any of these.

Ha, the only song that doesn't have a vote is Drunken Chicken/America.

Well deserved!

Love Comes Tumbling
The Three Sunrises
Bass Trap
Spanish Eyes

Most of the songs in the poll are fantastic though.

Spanish Eyes
Love Comes Tumbling
Silver and Gold
Walk to the Water
Deep in the Heart

Shit , I was so used to vote for the least fav.
So I picked Drunken Chicken:lol: ( stupid from me )

But I would`ve picked these 4 as my favs.

01 Bass Trap
02 Luminous Times
03 Love Come Tumbling
04 Spanish Eyes

Bass Trap
Spanish Eyes
Sweetest Thing '87
A Room At The Heartbreak Hotel

boomerang 1
three sunrises
sixty seconds
race against time
deep in the heart

oops, forgot about spanish eyes. that would probably beat out....i don't know, maybe race against time. but it looks like spanish eyes should make it through.

Back
Top Bottom