Best Song Survivor: 1980s Semi Final IV

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Please vote for your LEAST FAVOURITE song

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Axver

Vocal parasite
Please vote for your LEAST FAVOURITE song.

Welcome to the fourth and last 1980s semi final in Best Song Survivor! The object of this game is to find Interference's favourite U2 song. To do so, songs will be eliminated album-by-album in 24 hour long rounds to leave the favourites to contest a final that will determine the very favourite. The top seven songs from this semi final will proceed to the grand final, where they will meet the top five nineties songs and top four 2000s songs. Only original U2 songs with official studio releases will compete. Due to dominating past tournaments and the inevitable likelihood that they will do the same this time, Where The Streets Have No Name and One are not in the tournament and can be assumed default equal #1 over and above the ultimate winner.

In the third semi-final, the last Boy song left, The Electric Co., was eliminated. This round is the last eighties round. The top seven songs will proceed to the grand final; if there is a draw, all eight go through. Once this round is done, we move onto Achtung Baby.

ORDER OF ELIMINATION
=11. Sunday Bloody Sunday
=11. Pride
10. Out Of Control
9. The Electric Co.

LAST ROUND'S RESULTS
28 votes: The Electric Co.
14: Gloria
12: The Unforgettable Fire
7: One Tree Hill
4: New Year's Day, A Sort Of Homecoming, Bad
3: All I Want Is You
0: With Or Without You
(Total votes: 76)

I will take no part in the elimination of Gloria or UF. I love them both, and as much as I marginally favour UF, I'm not voting Gloria to save UF because Gloria's a sensational song too and they both should make the final.

Accordingly, I'm voting for my genuine least favourite rather than using any strategy - AIWIY. It's a good song, but I fucking love the other seven.

What the hell, TWO more rounds?? We'll never be able to save Gloria!

I'll hold my vote, and would even vote on UF if needed. :sad: But I doubt it'll matter!

No, as I said, this is the last semi-final. The seven songs left at the end of this round all proceed to the final.

I will take no part in the elimination of Gloria or UF. I love them both, and as much as I marginally favour UF, I'm not voting Gloria to save UF because Gloria's a sensational song too and they both should make the final.

Accordingly, I'm voting for my genuine least favourite rather than using any strategy - AIWIY. It's a good song, but I fucking love the other seven.

I'm voting for Gloria just to prove the critics wrong in saying that we are influenced by Axver's suggestions............

Well, actually I am voting for Gloria because at this moment it is MY least favorite on the list. It is a fab song though, it does not go down without my respect :sad:

I can't believe Gloria is getting voted off. Hasn't everyone heard New Year's Day enough at this point?

Maybe think about it this way: would you rather see them perform NYD live or Gloria? (My last ditch effort :wink:)

I can't believe Gloria is getting voted off. Hasn't everyone heard New Year's Day enough at this point?

Maybe think about it this way: would you rather see them perform NYD live or Gloria? (My last ditch effort :wink:)

Live - Gloria. But I voted according to the least fav studio version of these songs...........if it helps it was between NYD and Gloria :wink:

Live - Gloria. But I voted according to the least fav studio version of these songs...........if it helps it was between NYD and Gloria :wink:

Yeah, I think that's the way you were supposed to vote. I'm just trying to shamelessly influence people according to my personal preferences :wink:.

Oh crap....Gloria....:reject:

Love this song but it's my least favourite of those left, I love them all, inc Gloria

Back
Top Bottom