Best Performance of the Unforgettable Fire

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Un

kermit-the-frog.jpg

etttable

fire.jpg

For me the best vesion of TUF was played at the second Wembley gig on 15th of august 2009. It has best bridge/instrumental part plus Bono snippeting "A Day Without Me"... On U2Start page there is bootleg from this show (choose 4 stars rating version) and sound on this boot is PERFECT!!!

Links to this 4 star version are below:

Part 1:
http: //.com/files/270157745/U2start.com_-_2009-08-15_-_London__Chris_Voyney_lossy_.part1.rar

Part 2:
http: //.com/files/270158911/U2start.com_-_2009-08-15_-_London__Chris_Voyney_lossy_.part2.rar

musically....im really digging Adams bass line in the 360 version of the song....but singing wise.....bono is killing it with his reluctance to sing the full chorus:down:
Best all round versions were on Joshua Tree tour

I never did like how they played this song live in the 80s (I don't think it ever lived up to the studio version)... I love it now, though!

i love how now Bono has added a bit more of a chorus to the song (staaaaay now, staaaaay now, staaaaaaay in the moment, etc) as the studio version of the song had a looser chorus - for me the song is the best it has ever been right now

This is probably the only U2 song that I truly care for that has not lived up to the studio version live. Not in the 80s and not now. From what I've heard on 80s boots, I prefer those versions, but as Ian said, I wasn't there, so I can't know for sure. As for the 360 tour, his vocalizations over what I call the "James Bond Gutiar Solo" really irked me. Nevertheless, I got to hear my favorite song of all time live, so ^_^.

i accidentally hit back and lost my post, but basically it was a x2 of what ashley said.

i had tears when i heard this in chicago. it equalled one tree hill in auckland for best live music moment of my life, along with ultraviolet! and liam finn.

guh.

i had tears when i heard this in chicago. it equalled one tree hill in auckland for best live music moment of my life, along with ultraviolet!

This, except this happened in Nice for me, and I didn't go to Auckland, so it ranks as the very greatest music moment in my life.

and if the mountain should crumble
or disappear into the sea
not a tear
no, not I

I cried even more when this came along.
Honestly, having heard two bootlegs from 1985 and two from 1987 I still feel the 2009 version ranks above them. I like Bono's voice today more than the 80's voice, and I love how he adds additional lyrics. It's absolutely incredible, and the be-all-end-all moment of U2/360/2009. (I haven't seen Your Blue Room live though, but I get goosebumps thinking about it)

I love YBR, and it was amazing seeing it live in Houston, but TUF-2009 > YBR-2009, IMO. That song is just incredible this tour.

Yes this was a key moment of the shows for me. No word of a lie, at Toronto 2 there was this at least 6"7 mammoth guy standing in front of me holding up a huge Irish flag so that I couldn't see a thing. I was so transfixed that, instead of simply moving, I asked him to lower his flag. In retrospect, I could have moved and later I felt a bit bad for asking him that. I hope I didn't ruin his moment, he was clearly off on his own also. What a great move of theirs to include this song :up:

Back
Top Bottom