Best of Non-Album Tracks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bad Exit

Acrobat
Ok, same as the "Worst of", except this is "Best of" and except "Album Tracks" this is "Non-Album Tracks".

11 songs, material not included in the official/original release of the 13 U2 albums.

You can include b-sides, collaborations, passengers, covers, rarities, demos, soundtracks, etcetera.

1. Mercy
2. Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me
3. Always
4. Falling At Your Feet
5. Paint it Black
6. I'm Not Your Baby
7. Wave of Sorrow
8. The Ground Beneath Her Feet
9. In The Name Of The Father
10. Smile
11. Winter (Linear)

#1 and the bands best non album track IMO is Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me. :rockon: What a waste putting this song on a f*%$*in' Batman Soundtrack! Save it for the POP album.

#2 The Sweetest Thing : Beautiful Pop song with a fantastic hook and a sweet message to Ali. :heart:

#3 Electrical Storm: The sexiest video the band ever did and I love the William Orbit production too.

#4 The Ground Beneath Her Feet: Wish U2 had "officially" put this on all CD releases of ATYCLB instead of tacking it on the end of some countries versions as a bonus song. It is truly beautiful and would replace the rather boring song "Grace".

#5 Winter (All versions) Once again a wonderful song wasted on a soundtrack instead of being used for an album. :doh:

#6 Disappearing Act: All though recently done, it is still a lovely song :love:

#7 The Three Sunrises: Why this was cut in favor of EPAA, I will never know. :hmm:

#8 A Celebration: Rockin' track that set the stage for War.

#9 Angels Too Tied to the Ground: Set the stage for one of my fave tracks from SOI - The Miracle. :D

#10 Mercy: still waiting for a properly recorded version. :shifty:

:wave:

1.) HMTMKMKM
2.) The Ground Beneath her Feet
3.) Sweetest Thing (Single Mix)
4.) Mercy
5.) Miss Sarajevo
6.) Night and Day (Steel String Mix)
7.) Deep in the Heart
8.) Electrical Storm
9.) 11 O'Clock Tick Tock
10.) The Three Sunrises
11.) Salome

Bonus: New Day :drool: jk

1. Out of Control (Three)
2. Summer Rain
3. The Three Sunrises
4. Love Comes Tumbling
5. Hold Me Thrill Me Kiss Me Kill Me
6. Treasure (Whatever Happened to Pete the Chop)
7. Bass Trap
8. Your Blue Room
9. Endless Deep
10. Spanish Eyes
11. Love is Blindness (From the Sky Down)

Holy hell, the Unforgettable Fire single was unreal.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

1 - Lady With The Spinning Head (Extended Dance Mix)
2 - Lady With The Spinning Head (Extended Dance Mix)
3 - Lady With The Spinning Head (Extended Dance Mix)
4 - Lady With The Spinning Head (Extended Dance Mix)
5 - Lady With The Spinning Head (Extended Dance Mix)
6 - Lady With The Spinning Head (Extended Dance Mix)
7 - Lady With The Spinning Head (Extended Dance Mix)
8 - Lady With The Spinning Head (Extended Dance Mix)
9 - Lady With The Spinning Head (Extended Dance Mix)
10 - Lady With The Spinning Head (Extended Dance Mix)

1 - Lady With The Spinning Head (Extended Dance Mix)

Ummmm..... what pepo said :heart:

With one vote to Batman

1 - NLOTH2

Fixed that for ya :D

1. Hold Me Thrill Me Kiss Me Kill Me - Definitely my number one non-album U2 song! I remember that time of my fandom very fondly.

2. Deep In The Heart - Absolutely gorgeous song! Makes me want to take a trip to the Mojave desert in California/Nevada while listening to this.

3. The Ground Beneath Her Feet - The best song from the ATYCLB era and ironically it was not on the album in most countries. Beautiful lyrics by Rushdie.

4. Miss Sarajevo - It is still flat out my favourite song on the Passengers album. Atmospheric. Soaring. Anthemic. Everything a U2 song should be and even better!

5. Lady With The Spinning Head (Extended Dance Mix) - This is a delicious amalgam of The Fly and Ultraviolet extended into a long dance mix. What more could one want?!

6. Love Comes Tumbling - Fantastic atmospheric track from the UF sessions! It totally belongs on UF.

7. Mercy - Such great potential! Ambitious song with interesting lyrics... better than anything on HTDAAB where it belonged.

8. Levitate - Beautiful. Much better than its album cousin, Elevation.

9. Your Blue Room - Lovely. Perfect chillout U2 song. And Adam vocals!!

10. Night And Day - Fantastic cover and dance mix of the old classic and a foreboder (is that a word?) of things to come with Achtung Baby.

11. Electrical Storm - I love this song! It was refreshing when it came out. I thought (and still do) that it had much better lyrics than most of ATYCLB.

Just missed: Spanish Eyes, Walk To The Water, 11 O' Clock Tick Tock, Satellite Of Love, Summer Rain.

Damn, too many great non-album U2 songs! :crazy:

Chronological Order:

1. 11 O'Clock Tick Tock
2. A Celebration
3. The Three Sunrises
4. Love Comes Tumbling
5. Spanish Eyes
6. North and South of the River
7. The Sweetest Thing (Single Mix)
8. The Ground Beneath Her Feet
9. Summer Rain
10. Electrical Storm
11. Mercy

The greats have been listed, but I'm seeing a gaping hole where The Crystal Ballroom should be on all these lists!!

1. Hold Me Thrill Me Kiss Me Kill Me - Definitely my number one non-album U2 song! I remember that time of my fandom very fondly.

2. Deep In The Heart - Absolutely gorgeous song! Makes me want to take a trip to the Mojave desert in California/Nevada while listening to this.

3. The Ground Beneath Her Feet - The best song from the ATYCLB era and ironically it was not on the album in most countries. Beautiful lyrics by Rushdie.

4. Miss Sarajevo - It is still flat out my favourite song on the Passengers album. Atmospheric. Soaring. Anthemic. Everything a U2 song should be and even better!

5. Lady With The Spinning Head (Extended Dance Mix) - This is a delicious amalgam of The Fly and Ultraviolet extended into a long dance mix. What more could one want?!

6. Love Comes Tumbling - Fantastic atmospheric track from the UF sessions! It totally belongs on UF.

7. Mercy - Such great potential! Ambitious song with interesting lyrics... better than anything on HTDAAB where it belonged.

8. Levitate - Beautiful. Much better than its album cousin, Elevation.

9. Your Blue Room - Lovely. Perfect chillout U2 song. And Adam vocals!!

10. Night And Day - Fantastic cover and dance mix of the old classic and a foreboder (is that a word?) of things to come with Achtung Baby.

11. Electrical Storm - I love this song! It was refreshing when it came out. I thought (and still do) that it had much better lyrics than most of ATYCLB.

Just missed: Spanish Eyes, Walk To The Water, 11 O' Clock Tick Tock, Satellite Of Love, Summer Rain.

Damn, too many great non-album U2 songs! :crazy:

Great list!

The only one mentioned in here that I don't have ranked really high is Deep in the Heart (either it hasn't clicked with me yet or it's just not my cup of tea).

My "just missed" list would include Oh Berlin, In a Lifetime, Beautiful Ghost, Alex Descends, Crystal Ballroom and Invisible... and surely I'm still missing some obvious tracks.

I don't see Two Shots of Happy One Shot of Sad listed here - that is one of the best songs U2 have wrote in my mind.

Happy birthday Frank!

I don't see Two Shots of Happy One Shot of Sad listed here - that is one of the best songs U2 have wrote in my mind.

Happy birthday Frank!

I guess it is if you like Frank Sinatra.
Otherwise... not so much.

1. Mercy (original only)
2. North And South Of The River
3. Invisible
4. Stateless
5. Down All The Days (another one that should be on every list)

6. I'm Not Your Baby
7. The Ground Beneath Her Feet
8. Salome
9. 11 O'Clock Tick Tock
10. HMTMKMKM

11. Holy Joe
12. Soon (no one else? really?)
13. Hallelujah Here She Comes
14. Desert Of Our Love
15. Rise Up

I used to be really into the JT b-sides, particularly Spanish Eyes and Sweetest Thing. They really don't do as much for me anymore, and oddly nowadays I get more out of the outtakes that were on the 20th anniversary set.

I don't care what the "rules" were here, I'm not including anything off Passengers. Since they're on a legit studio album you can't call them "non-album tracks". I'm also not including any covers; most of them aren't worthy of a list anyway.

Lastly, Alex Descends... and Falling At Your Feet aren't U2 tracks; the former is just Bono and Edge, the latter Bono and Daniel Lanois.

For me, the top 10 is clearly and without any doubt the following one:

1. Luminous times
2. Walk to the Water
3. HMTMKMKM
4. Mercy (original studio 2004 version)
5. 11 o'clock tick tock
6. Holy Joe
7. The ground beneath her feet
8. Stateless
9. Electrical Storm
10. Lady with the spinning head

In no order..... some of them are in my all time favourite U2 songs, can't believe they never made it to any album....

Top 10 anything is difficult when it comes to U2, so I guess I'm surprised and at the same time, not surprised that Invisible didn't make more Top 10 lists.

I can't think of 10 off the top of my head now after 12 hours and counting of work, but I think Invisible is there or very close for me. This song grabbed me immediately Super Bowl Sunday last year- I remember just waking up and my girlfriend playing it for me on her phone as she'd downloaded it. I was barely coherent, but that woke me right up. The intro pulled me in, and all I remember as it went on was muttering "good," "very good" and "excellent" as it got to the "I am hereeeeee" part.

I then listened on repeat as I went out to pick up food. Sure, I was excited in advance for the song, but little did I know I was having a moment I would look back on very fondly in almost a year!!

What a song....... I can't believe it wasn't a hit. It's only grown on me over time!

Well, if we go by Lazarus rules (no passengers, no covers, no incomplete U2), Invisible definitely would be in way more top 10 lists, surely it would've been in mine.

1 North and South Of The River
2 11 O Clock Tick Tock
3 Love Comes Tumbling
4 Invisible
5 Summer Rain
5 Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me
6 Ground Beneath Her Feet
7 Crystal Ballroom
8 Lady With The Spinning Head
8 Bass Trap
9 Three Sunrises
10 A Celebration
11 Salome

Not including songs from Original Soundtracks 1 because I consider that a U2 album.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Holy Joe Garage Mix i've always loved - maybe because I loved the Kmart press conference - one of the only times I've ever seen Edge without something on his head, and Adam Clayton looking like Gillgan from Gilligans Island....those were some fun times....

Also Wild Irish Rose makes me believe U2 could pull off a traditional irish record and it would sound very nice :)

Back
Top Bottom