Best Non-Album Track Survivor - Final Pool - Results Post-Mortem

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Since we're talking about more competitions we could do - I was thinking about running a Best U2 Cover survivor, since covers didn't compete in this survivor. I think I would only include covers that had studio versions, so that would mean no live-only covers like The Ramones' I Remember You or Bob Dylan's Maggie's Farm or Bowie's Jean Genie or the Beatles' Rain or whatever(unless someone has an objection to that). By my count there are 14 covers that the band recorded studio versions of:

Everlasting Love
Unchained Melody
Dancing Barefoot
Jesus Christ
Christmas(Baby Please Come Home)
Night And Day
Satellite Of Love
Fortunate Son
Paint It Black
Can't Help Falling In Love
Pop Muzik
Happiness Is A Warm Gun
Don't Take Your Guns To Town
Neon Lights

So this could be done in two weeks and would be simple to run. I could start it right away if people are game.

Don't forget This Is from that tribute for the guy from Aslan: https://youtu.be/iXlsbEM9-CM

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Your winner; Dancing Barefoot.

We're done. Next Survivor.

:wink:

Seriously. That would be my pick from the get-go.

But yeah, how about a worst song survivor? Pick our least favorite song from each album, and then a final round.

But yeah, how about a worst song survivor? Pick our least favorite song from each album, and then a final round.

I like that. We need to truly crown a worst album song. However some albums are more heavy on sub-par tracks. Might have more entries represented in the final top ten.

I like that. We need to truly crown a worst album song. However some albums are more heavy on sub-par tracks. Might have more entries represented in the final top ten.

This sounds fun.

Yeah, we need stuff to keep this place entertaining. There really won't be anything to talk about until early May, when tour rehearsal reports start coming out.

Yep, we had a Worst Song Survivor and Viva Davidoff won if I remember correctly.

The problem was that the obscure songs - minor b-sides and lesser Passengers tracks - got shat on. Sometimes they deserved it, but sometimes they kept advancing purely because of obscurity; not enough people knew them to stop them ending with a really poor ranking. These songs may not necessarily have been great, but they probably deserved to be removed much earlier than they were.

So if we did another Worst Song Survivor, I suggest it should be limited to album tracks - and, perhaps, the bonus tracks that made Best Ofs.

Anyway, I'm most keen on best opener/closer. Both of those competitions combined would only take a month.

Yeah, we need stuff to keep this place entertaining. There really won't be anything to talk about until early May, when tour rehearsal reports start coming out.

Yeah, I agree. Even if it's tournaments we have done before, the demographic has changed. People's tastes change. I'd love an all out Best Song and/or an all out Worst Song survivor series. It feels like it's been years since we did those.

Back
Top Bottom