Best Live Song Of The Decade?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DevilsShoes

War Child
Which track from the last 3 albums do you think worked best on tour?

Quite a difficult decision in some ways because I'm not sure any song has really broken out of the box and been a revelation in quite the same way that Bad, Streets or Please were.

City of Blinding Lights has to be up there as does Vertigo I suppose, but for me it has to be Kite. It worked brilliantly on Elevation and the Vertigo versions were just stunning.

BREATHE :heart:

Album version just doesn't quite do the song justice.

I know the song doesn't seem to be the greatest crowd pleaser in the world but to me it's the song that SOUNDS the best live. And if there were 60,000 of me in each stadium show when they are playing that song, the place would be going crazy :hyper:

^ I won't kill you, I'll agree with you. GOYB has been amazing live, and NLOTH. I also vote Vertigo for sure, and GOYB had that same great energy at the shows. Beautiful Day is on my list too. And I think Elevation might just make the list too.

#1 Vertigo

I'm also going to vote for an underdog with No Line.

I think it's vastly under-rated. Pure live euphoria for me. It's the one song in the 360 set that stands out as 4 guys just rocking their roots. They look like 4 teenagers in a club in 1979 when they do that one.

Quite a difficult decision in some ways because I'm not sure any song has really broken out of the box and been a revelation in quite the same way that Bad, Streets or Please were.

City of Blinding Lights has to be up there as does Vertigo I suppose, but for me it has to be Kite. It worked brilliantly on Elevation and the Vertigo versions were just stunning.

:wave: Hi devilshoes!

I guess it has to be COBL, doesn't it? either that or Beautiful Day, Vertigo or NLOTH, oh and Magnificent as well. I still think FEZ-being born would have been incredible live...

I think it's vastly under-rated. Pure live euphoria for me. It's the one song in the 360 set that stands out as 4 guys just rocking their roots. They look like 4 teenagers in a club in 1979 when they do that one.

Yeah I totally agree. I was so worried they were going to drop it before I saw the tour! It was a highlight of the show and so made my list for sure. :up:

hi devilsshoes:wave:

I guess it has to be COBL, doesn't it? either that or Beautiful Day, Vertigo or NLOTH, oh and Magnificent as well. I still think FEZ-being born would have been incredible live...

Vertigo. The studio version is just good. But live it's just awesome:drool:. So much energy!

i would have to say "City Of Blinding Lights" wins for me. that intro was just :drool:...

other contenders:

Walk On (Elevation Tour)
Kite (Vertigo Tour)
Crazy Tonight (360 Tour)

Hell yeah. Each of the 3 times I heard this I was blown away. U2 sounded & looked like a bunch of young indie rockers playing NLOTH. I remember looking around and people had a "duh face" while Bono was screaming/singing his heart out. GYOB & NLOTH rocked very hard live. Props to U2 for not dropping these and I hope they make a return.

00's
City of Blinding Lights or Beautiful Day (too close)

De live-version of Magnificent is super (with the added synths).
Also Vertigo (esp. 360 version) and Unknown caller (massive sing-a-long-song) are very very good.

I think most of the NLOTH songs were brilliant live, GOYB rocked the house, NLOTH was amazing, Crazy Tonight was just so ... well, crazy :rockon:

But for live song of the decade I'd probably say: Beautiful Day. That song never ceases to amaze me live. It has a spirit to it that's just awsomely amazing. There are so many great live performances of that song.

Also, COBL and Vertigo ... perfect live songs :up:

Back
Top Bottom