Best Album of the Decade?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Excellent list, but you failed to include "Only By The Night" by The Kings of Leon...and I don't care what u guys say THAT'S A GREAT FUCKING ALBUM!

Thanks... we do tend to agree. :D
Yeah, I explained why KoL isn't on that list on the last page. But I must add, KoL is a very good band, especially because Only by the Night.

EDIT: Before anyone asks, I forgot about multi-quote.

LOL HOW DARE YOU FORGET TO MULTI-QUOTE!

JK

Normally we always agree on these things Mac, but I wholeheartedly believe OBTN is thier best to date :)

LOL HOW DARE YOU FORGET TO MULTI-QUOTE!

JK

Sorry. :sad:
:lol:

Normally we always agree on these things Mac, but I wholeheartedly believe OBTN is thier best to date :)

Yeah, I agree on that too. It's just that I don't like KoL that much I guess. :D They are a good band anyway.
Btw, I'm wondering... what do you think? Should I add Together Through Life to my list? :hmm:

Sorry. :sad:
:lol:

Yeah, I agree on that too. It's just that I don't like KoL that much I guess. :D They are a good band anyway.
Btw, what do you think? Should I add Together Through Life to my list? :hmm:
I understand why you don't like them, they aren't for eveyone...alot of people don't care for Caleb Followill's voice...me on the other hand, I absoutely love it.

Sure, why not...it's TTL is a great album...

I understand why you don't like them, they aren't for eveyone...alot of people don't care for Caleb Followill's voice...me on the other hand, I absoutely love it.

Sure, why not...it's TTL is a great album...

Actually, I like his voice. It's not that I don't like them, it's just that I don't like them that much, but I don't have a problem with listening their stuff, especially OBTN.

Actually, I like his voice. It's not that I don't like them, it's just that I don't like them that much, but I don't have a problem with listening their stuff, especially OBTN.

:up:
You do! That's awesome, I think he has a very unique voice, he puts alot behind it.

It's way too hella indie for anyone else to understand. Once ten people have heard of these bands, they'll start to suck, so I can't write my list down.

"In Rainbows" is not Radiohead's best album this decade. In fact, it's my least favorite Radiohead album of this decade.
I can't be bothered counting the 00 albums I've heard, but I think it would be very safe for me to say that In Rainbows would be my favourite. Phenomenal record.

Re Kings of Leon, I'm siding with gaffer tape (and this should be in B&C). Any album that has on it the utter tripe that is Use Somebody and songs which fade after the fifth listen does not deserve to be on a best of the decade list. Sadly, when the 00s are looked back on, it probably will.

U2 has held the position of releasing one of the best albums in the last 2 decades Jt/AB for the 80s and 90s does U2 now claim the title of holding one of/the best album of the 00s?

While i agree that JT is often touted as ONE of the best/most important 80s albums, I have never heard of Achtung Baby being reffered to in the same way anywhere outwith u2 fandom.
But from my own personal opinion, yes.....u2 had the best 80s, 90s and 00s albums.

best albums of the 2000s

The Killers: Sam's Town
Queens Of The Stone Age: Songs For The Deaf
The Strokes: Room On Fire
RHCP: Stadium Arcadium
Axl's new combo: Chinese Democracy
Rammstein: Reise, Reise

sorry but in my list there is no place for U2. the 90s have been their decade.

Not the best but they have two albums that rank up there for sure, here's how I rank the 2000s, probably missing a few

Tier 1
Radiohead - Kid A
Sigur Rós - ( )
The Dresden Dolls - The Dresden Dolls
The Dresden Dolls - Yes, Virginia
Arcade Fire - Funeral
Arcade Fire - Neon Bible

Tier 2
U2 - All That You Can't Leave Behind
U2 - No Line On the Horizon
Wilco - Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
The Cardigans - Long Gone Before Day Light
KT Tunstall - Eye to the Telescope
Rodrigo y Gabriela - Rodrigo y Gabriela
Director - We Thrive on Big Cities
Radiohead - In Rainbows
Fleet Foxes - Fleet Foxes
The Verve - Forth
Amanda Palmer - Who Killed Amanda Palmer?

Glad you like that Cardigans album, I thought I was the only one. Except I'd have it in tier 1!

In no particular order :
U2 No Line on The Horizon
Arcade Fire : Funeral
The Strokes : Is This It
Kings Of Leon : Youth and Manhood
Moby : Play
Royksopp: Melody AM
Lindstrom : Where You go I go Too
Massive Attack : Mezzanine
Primal Screal : XTRMNTR
Fleet Foxes: Fleet Foxes
Nick Cave and The Bad Seeds : Dig Lazarus Dig
Nick Cave … : ANd No More Shall We Part
The Cardigans : Long Gone Before Daylight
Air : Talkie Walkie
Esbjorn Svennson Trio : Leucocyte
Emilliana Torrini : Fishermans Woman
Polyphonic Spree : Beginning Stages Of
Ladytron : Witching Hour
Grinderman : Grinderman
Daft Punk : Discovery
Of Montreal : Kissing Fauna, are you the destroyer?
Simian Mobile Disco : Attack Decay Sustain Release
Matthew Dear : As A Breed
Soundtrack Of Our Lives : Behind The Music
Interpol : Antics
Coldplay : A Rush Of Blood
4 Tet : Rounds
Flaming Lips : Yoshimi Battles…..
Badly Drawn Boy : Hour of Bewilderbeast
Wu Tang Clan : The W
Radiohead: In Rainbows
Radiohead; Amnesiac
Radiohead : Kid A
Husky Rescue : Ghost IS Not Real
TV on The Radio: Dear Science
Blonde Redhead : 23
U2 : All That You Can't Leave Behind

Should have put in a couple of Hold Steady albums but other than that, that's my list.

1. A Rush Of Blood To The Head
2. Turn On The Bright Lights
3. Weekend In The City
4. The Seldom Seen Kid
5. An End Has A Start

Crap, and I forgot to include any Sigur Ros, Deus or White Stripes, the 00's have been a better decade than I thought!

Did anyone mention Interpol "Turn on the Bright Lights"? I would put that as one of the best.

I think arcade fire's funeral will be the album of the 00's. I know this is a u2 board but honestly it's in a league of it's own.

I never got the fascination with Arcade Fire and Funeral. Cool album and all, but I would even say that Amnesiac is a better album.

Back
Top Bottom