Beautiful Day on the Voice last night

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Never saw this show - thanks for the link.

Hmm... interesting hearing different versions by such different voices. I think the correct "winner" was chosen - the other guy seemed a bit off-pitch to my ears. But it's versions like these that make me realize how spoiled we are with Bono.

I never like when artists cover songs that I love on these talent type shows. I'm just so used to the original voices that it's hard for me to adjust. I do listen to them with an open mind, but this song can ONLY be sung by Bono. And possibly more important is Edge's massive presence in the chorus.

I thought the winner was 10 times worse. At least the other guy did a more credible job of ripping off Bono. I laughed when he was described as "theatrical."

The backing was hilariously awful. Edge really dominates Beautiful Day.

Yeah, the guitar tone was really missing. It's still better than most other talent shows though.

God, that was one of the worst performances I've endured on The Voice, and I'm a big fan of the show.

oh god i am soooooooooooooo glad i missed The Voice this week!

think it's a pretty underwhelming show actually!

My God, it can't get any worse than that. And the audience still goes crazy. :doh:

On The Voice Australia the 'judges' covered One last night, I haven't seen it but I Believe it's rather bad. I've also been told that on the Irish version oc the show the 'Judges' did Pride.

I would love too know what all this cover versions are about

I finally saw that Tom Jones, Will.I.Am, Thingymajig and Jessie J version.

I'm all for different interpretations, but this cover was horrid! I'm stunned to say this, but of that group, only Will.I.Am had the song "right". Tom Jones was signing another song. Thingymajig has the worse goat-bleating vibrato I've ever heard. I'm not sure what Jessie J. was singing, other than her scales.

If these are the "judges", then no wonder why the kids always sound confused and off-key.

It's these types of covers that I predict we'll hear a lot more of in the years to come - especially if U2 retires. Thank goodness they didn't try to belt out "With or Without You" - I'm not sure my ears could have handled the screaching at the end.

Back
Top Bottom