Band Aid 30

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Rita Ora looks beautiful in this video, just a comment :)

Anyway if you can spare the dollar do the right thing.

According to some because Bono isn't giving away his own money to help the fight we should not buy this single as geldoff and Bono are both frauds trying to get people who are only on a minimum wage to donate

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Well, I did not recognise any of these voices (sans Guy, his nibs and SO'C) until I put video to audio. Says so much and I have listened (or been aieee!!! horribly exposed) to most of these acts to some extent over the last few years. Ellie Goulding was godawful, she's ended up a far cry from her initial promise. Yet Jessie Ware - a far better singer gets dumped in the mass chorus part. Bloody Rita Ora? geeuz peace..

Visually, it has that lifeless monochromatic studio, the inevitable clutching of the headphones and the eyes closed seriousness of the 'Everybody Hurts' for Haiti single, and it's almost identical in places, missing the cheeky out-takes and such that the original had. It lacks that balance...

Dreadful. (Mostly) white Europeans charge in to save the hapless and helpless entire continent of Africa (again). Is egomaniac Geldof aware he can't have any more than one knighthood?

Dreadful. (Mostly) white Europeans charge in to save the hapless and helpless entire continent of Africa (again). Is egomaniac Geldof aware he can't have any more than one knighthood?

Why is it people here in the uk call Geldof "sir Bob" when i didnt think irish people could use the sir title even if they have a knighthood?

Nobody calls Bono "sir Bono" because of this so why does Geldof use the title?

Why is it people here in the uk call Geldof "sir Bob" when i didnt think irish people could use the sir title even if they have a knighthood?

Nobody calls Bono "sir Bono" because of this so why does Geldof use the title?

It's not what I call him. :D

I dunno, maybe a general honorific, people used to refer to "Sir" Les Ferdinand, also.

On don't get me wrong... the original was phenomenal, corny, nonsensical lines and all. The point where Bono comes in still gives me goosebumps... it might be his best vocal delivery ever. He sounds so smooth and powerful at the same time.

The ones that have followed just haven't done it for me. There's no need to redo something that was done so well the first time, and especially no need to redo it every 5 years, and reeeeeally no need to make the lyrics worse.

I mean... why would you remake the song, get the original singer to do the most famous line in the song, and change the line? That's just silly.
Agreed.

And yes, that ''Well tonight'' line was excellent. Not his best though, that one goes to In A Lifetime in my opinion.

Sinead sounds great on it.. Seal was a surprise too. It serves it's purpose, and One Direction are on it so everybody's happy ;) I don't see the point in bitching about it, it's doing good.. and it's better than the X Factor Christmas number 1. Bono sounds good too, given how much I imagine he would still rather sing any other line than that one, for the 3rd time! good stuff :)

I can't decide if Bono's best moment is "Well tonight..." or "Love, slowly stripped away...".
That one is great too. On Youtube, there's a making of from the original Band Aid and Bono sounds quite bad while rehearsing. The final line sounds magnificent however.

There was a photo in the paper this morning... I recognised Bob, Bono and Ed Sheeran(well to be fair his head is kinda hard to miss). :uhoh: I think I'm kinda out of touch with today's music.

I also caught Chris Martin, Guy Garvey, some guys I'm assuming were One Direction, Sam Smith, Ellie Goulding. I know Rita Ora was in there somewhere, but couldn't pick her out of a lineup.

It seems that many people have missed the point. So focused on trying to breathe negativity and skepticism into all celebrity charitable actions and stand in judgment as if blessed with the ability to speak for intentions of people they have never met. Even if you hate the song and the people involved in it, it is beyond argument that it will raise money (either through sales or prompting people to donate to another charity). and, perhaps more importantly, awareness. In other words mission feckin' accomplished.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Most people on this board don't even know the music of most of the people in this video I am willing to bet yet they are willing to comment like they do.

Anyway it really isn't that shocking - in my opinion this version is just as good as the first one and im glad it didn't have the over the top stuff at the end like Band Aid 20 did.

Let them go on being miserable souls - if you dont like the song dont buy it, if you don't think the cause is worthy however I would dare you to find a more deserving cause especially at the moment we are at today with government unwilling to step in and raise awareness other then fear mongering.

Sorry, I know it's a good cause and on average it's A Good Thing because it Raises Awareness, but I find the lyrics painfully 80s, patronizing, colonialist, and unbearably first world.

And that goes for Bono's famous line. There's a reason he's not singing it anymore.

His 21st century approach to extreme poverty has done far more good than 10 of these singles ever will.

Sent from

What's up with the Geldof rant towards Adele? I read it in the newspaper this morning and if it's true, that's quite a disgusting comment. Many people are turned off by Geldof's behaviour and I can see why to be honest.....My feelings are a little ambivalent towards this Band Aid 30 thing. I support the fight against this horrible disease, that's obvious and if this project is raising money....then good, but I can see why people, especially those who aren't ''that wealthy'' as Sir Bob and the other celebrities are annoyed by Geldof's agressive attitude about this ''give us your money thing'' and think he should f*ck off.

I have to admit, I didn't even watch the whole video (I kept the sound on and was doing other stuff). I would have recognized Seal and Sinead had I kept watching, I swear! :wink:

There was a photo in the paper this morning... I recognised Bob, Bono and Ed Sheeran(well to be fair his head is kinda hard to miss). :uhoh: I think I'm kinda out of touch with today's music.

Sorry to hijack the thread for some off topic issue, but... there's a strip club a few blocks from my house called "Galeon".
I giggle everytime I see your posts.

Back
Top Bottom