Band Aid 30

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Bono sounded like he had a hard night on the town the day before he went into the studio for that :)

More interesting is to see how many of the artists in this version arent even around anymore - not even that long ago.

There was a touch of reverb on Bono's vocals in the 20th anniversary version. I wonder if they'll let his raw voice shine through on the 30th version.

Ill buy it as well as I feel the cause is absolutely worthy of the rerecording.

https://twitter.com/u2uruguay/status/534032443154923521

B2lDrWsIQAA5Rca.jpg

Cunt looks like a fucking zombie.

Surely Sir Bob has some better ideas than trotting this out again.

Didn't his daughter die this past year? I think he always looked a bit bad but I would understand if he just said fuck it. Anyway, don't know too much about him other than charity organizer(although there seems to be a consensus amount haters that he is a bigger twat than Bono, so I'm interested in why that is)

Sent from my iPad using U2 Interference

Band aid 30 has just been on the x factor. Bono keeps the same spot but with different lines and he also has another line to sing later on in the song. He is there in the big group for the "feed the world" bit

"Well tonight we're reaching out and touching you"

:|

EDIT: Sinnead!!! <3

BTW, the main chorus is really nice

for the negative nancies... (headache i'm looking at you :D )

it might be very much a cultural thing as, being a Brit, the first Band Aid made a massive impact on me as a teenager at school back then, it was everywhere and it was massive and shocking and meaningful, incredibly powerful and it still is... i remember doing school projects on it, drawings in school art lessons, hearing the song everywhere, talking about it, watching news reports, footage and information on kids tv... it filtered right thru society... so maybe those of you who haven't lived it can't understand how powerful it was/is in the British consciousness, and for me personally, it woke me up to something as a 14 year old kid...

for the negative nancies... (headache i'm looking at you :D )

it might be very much a cultural thing as, being a Brit, the first Band Aid made a massive impact on me as a teenager at school back then, it was everywhere and it was massive and shocking and meaningful, incredibly powerful and it still is... i remember doing school projects on it, drawings in school art lessons, hearing the song everywhere, talking about it, watching news reports, footage and information on kids tv... it filtered right thru society... so maybe those of you who haven't lived it can't understand how powerful it was/is in the British consciousness, and for me personally, it woke me up to something as a 14 year old kid...

On don't get me wrong... the original was phenomenal, corny, nonsensical lines and all. The point where Bono comes in still gives me goosebumps... it might be his best vocal delivery ever. He sounds so smooth and powerful at the same time.

The ones that have followed just haven't done it for me. There's no need to redo something that was done so well the first time, and especially no need to redo it every 5 years, and reeeeeally no need to make the lyrics worse.

I mean... why would you remake the song, get the original singer to do the most famous line in the song, and change the line? That's just silly.

On don't get me wrong... the original was phenomenal, corny, nonsensical lines and all. The point where Bono comes in still gives me goosebumps... it might be his best vocal delivery ever. He sounds so smooth and powerful at the same time.

The ones that have followed just haven't done it for me. There's no need to redo something that was done so well the first time, and especially no need to redo it every 5 years, and reeeeeally no need to make the lyrics worse.

I mean... why would you remake the song, get the original singer to do the most famous line in the song, and change the line? That's just silly.

i love the continuity of it, bringing it back into the public consciousness for a new generation (young, music-listening-wise), and updating it a bit - i think it really works and has been done nicely

:up::up::up::up::up:

:up::up::up:

Bono has his voice back. I thought this version was done very tastefully, whether you like the new lyrics or not....I still think it sounds really good.

It mentions Adam Clayton being part of the original Band-Aid but I dont remember that - I will have to watch it again.

Back
Top Bottom