Bad on Zoo TV

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pepokiss

Rock n' Roll Doggie ALL ACCESS
I was watching some Zoo Tv shows last night on youtube and I remembered about Bad, that really isn't my first thought when I think about Zoo Tv.

Anyway, I remembered Bad being somewhat different, mainly Edge's effect.
I searched and all I found was old usual BAD.

Anybody remembers BAD with a different effect?
It sounded like from outer space

And I'm not talking about that time with the violin player.

Rotterdam 1992 is a great version. Edge improvises a bit on his part. Those were some great live performances.

Bad was fantastic on Zoo TV. I remember Edge improvising with wah-wah, but it didn´t work quite well. But he did a few ad-libs here and there that were impressing! Zoo and Lovetown were Edge´s peak.

I remember ordering bootleg audio tapes from another fan on the old alt.fan.u2 back in probably 98'. I got about 12 shows- a couple each from the UF tour, Lovetown, and JT, and several from ZooTV. I remember there were a couple of shows that blew my mind, and sounded very different on ZooTV (different from the Sydney show I'd watched hundreds of times). Rotterdam and Sweden were the two that stuck out most because Bono sung differently, and there were a lot of musical sounds different than what I was used to. Bad and Mysterious Ways were awesome and sounded different.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

I don't know if it's just me, but on the second Zoo TV Washington gig, after Bad is Sunday Bloody Sunday, and after the solo ("wipe your tears away"...) you can still hear the synthesizer from Bad playing. Wonder if that was intentional or just a mistake?? That particular show was a stand out for having lots of flubs but considered one of their best Zoo shows :up::wink:

Michael Jackson - I dont believe you are bad...guilty before given a chance man.

Their Zoo a TV tour was my first tour of theirs I saw. I have been to three but sadly not 360

Sent from my iPad using U2 Interference Joanne

ZOO TV, was there a better show visually/conceptually/musicaly? I don´t think so. Maybe wider, taller, more expansive, but it was the best show ever.

ZOO TV, was there a better show visually/conceptually/musicaly? I don´t think so. Maybe wider, taller, more expansive, but it was the best show ever.

I am having a little trouble understanding what you are saying. I never said ZOO TV was better, only that it was was first tour of theirs I went to at dodger stadium.

Sent from my iPad using U2 Interference Joanne

Back
Top Bottom