Axl Rose, David Lee Roth, Liam Gallagher... Bono??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BluRmGrl

Rock n' Roll Doggie ALL ACCESS
Found this article on MSN.com today... I thought it might be written tongue in cheek, but it's actually pretty snarky. Granted, we're not unbiased here but I can't be the only one who feels that Bono doesn't belong on the list. At least not in the within the context that his ego outshines the rest of the band. Actually, I think the article's unfair in that manner to several artists named. What say you? :hmm:

Photo Gallery on MSN Music

They seem to enjoy the various uses of the word cock.

I don't get much of the article. :shrug: And as far as I know, when people speak of U2, the one thing that defines U2 for most people I've spoken to is Edge. Not Bono.

The irony is that they chose not only a fairly recent photo, but one where he looks rather good. So hardly this "unattractive lump". And hey, when those writers hit 50+, I'd like to see how "good looking" they are. :madwife:

But I do agree with the overall comments. Bono has been accused of being "messianic" since the 80's. And even people like the Gallagher's have said that they couldn't stop watching Bono in concert. In other words, I disagree with you Galeongirl - when people think of U2, they think of Bono.

Then again, if Bono wasn't such an entertainer, always trying to draw the audience in, would U2 be as big as they have been for the last few decades? Would U2 have ever broken through had it not been for Bono's actions at Live Aid? Lead Singer Disease can sometimes lead to Bono's awful comments (reapplying for best band... yada :doh: ) but it also helped bring U2 to the top and keep them there.

Back
Top Bottom