Awesome U2 Moments

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The Best Of 1980-1990 BSide disk, pretty much as good as any album U2 has put out as a collection of music.

Too bad they didnt do the same thing with the 90s BSide disk, it could have been excellent.

Deciding to make a video of tossing Bono out of a van repeatedly. Shame the song s(t)ucked, but it is fun to watch on mute.

-Watching U2's performance of Sunday Bloody Sunday (Live from Red Rocks) on MTV for the first time. MTV was still in its infancy at the time and I'd never seen any videos/performances that really stood out. I didn't become a "fan" at that moment, but they certainly had my attention for the first time ever.

-Watching U2 perform Bad at Live Aid. The other artists on the bill didn't really captivate me (with the exception of Queen), but Bono leaving the stage and interacting with the fans during their performance stood out amongst the rest. Another rung on the ladder for me becoming a bona fide U2 fan.

-Watching U2's performance of Sunday Bloody Sunday (Live from Red Rocks) on MTV for the first time. MTV was still in its infancy at the time and I'd never seen any videos/performances that really stood out. I didn't become a "fan" at that moment, but they certainly had my attention for the first time ever.

-Watching U2 perform Bad at Live Aid. The other artists on the bill didn't really captivate me (with the exception of Queen), but Bono leaving the stage and interacting with the fans during their performance stood out amongst the rest. Another rung on the ladder for me becoming a bona fide U2 fan.

They had me at Live at Red Rocks when it first aired on MTV. I think I may have seen the videos for Gloria and New Years Day before that but, Red Rocks stole my heart. I was around 10 or 11.

I was planning to get tickets when they played the Tower Theatre in Philadelphia in 1984 but then Live Aid happened, and I knew then, that performance, I would have to share them with more people. It sold out so fast and then shortly after, I remember there was a large ad in the paper thanking everyone and that they'd be back to play the much larger Spectrum arena in 1985. I barely made it in the building, might have been the most distant person from the stage, but it was brilliant and I think I cried.

Then there was 100,000 people at JFK stadium a few years later. Bono had his arm in a sling that night and Bruce Springsteen showed up for a song...I could go on.

Wow! I could really appreciate both of these moments.. in my youth both of these performances are extremely special in my memories.

Also the Sam Becket OTH at Point Depot.... and any of those 10 + minute versions of Bad was excellent too.

Pulling fans on stage that can actually play an instrument. (Sorry dancing girls, but everyone looks good dancing next to Bono)

They pulled up this 4 girls during the Elevation tour. I think they where a tribute band called Exit. They got to play OOC. And it kicked ass.
Think its one of the only times ever a fan got to play on Edge's Explorer.
And I wasnt there.. But saw it in video, sounds like they naiked it.

Also the man (with bad sight or was he blind?) that played AIWIY for his missus.

And lots of the people who got to play with them during Elevation, and Vertigo come in mind.

The guy who played AIWIY was blind yeah, it was an US show but I don't recall which. 360 2011 I think. :hmm: And he actually got sent a copy of Bono's Gretsch! Bono tried to give him his but Dallas wouldn't have it as it was a special edition or something. :lol:

This is a cool moment for Bono and Alicia Keys :heart:

2441F2B000000578-0-image-m-31_1419475649424.jpg

Also.. They never ever .. Had any public "in-band" dramas with eachother.

Would have sucked if tey ended up like Pink Floyd or Oasis... So much bitching / ignoring and drama.

No scandals or tabloids trying to damage their name.
apart from the Sun maybe :wink:

Really amazing how they learned to deal with eachothers flaws over this period of time.

The miracle that the letter at Mount Temple resulted in a 40 year friendship between 4 people that has produced amazing music :)

But they lyric isn't "freedom has a scent like the top of an in utero baby's head"!

I know how annoyed many women get when strangers come up to them and start touching their baby. I'd laugh forever if Bono tried that and they smacked him.

But they lyric isn't "freedom has a scent like the top of an in utero baby's head"!

I know how annoyed many women get when strangers come up to them and start touching their baby. I'd laugh forever if Bono tried that and they smacked him.

I've been smelling my cat's belly for signs of infection, post-surgery (as the vet told us). I've said more than once that it smells like freedom.

Back
Top Bottom