Awesome Discotheque from Vertigo

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I love this song... and POP i like better now then I did when it first came out and I always liked it...

freaking incredible. i'd love a really good version of this on mp3. they really hit it bang on. plus the stage is going off!

Disco on the Vertigo Tour was amazing. Too bad they only played it twice... apparently, Edge didn't like the arrangement.

Here are bootlegs for both shows:
U2 start.com | Bootlegs | 2005-09-17 - Toronto, Ontario - Air Canada Centre - A rough IEM bootleg (captured from Bono's earpiece) rated 3.5 stars, although Disco is perfectly clear. This has Pop Muzik at the beginning and a snippet of Relax at the end.
U2 start.com | Bootlegs | 2005-09-20 - Chicago, Illinois - United Center - A three-star (although very listenable) audience bootleg, without Pop Muzik and the Relax snippet, but a much less 'messy' performance than Toronto. Also, Bono's voice is in absolutely amazing shape, and there are some falsetto screams at the end that sounded like they were imported from 1985 or 1993. Well... I'm not sure why I typed this... it's the one in the YouTube video.

i heard it rehearsed in toronto too. :love:

So you were sitting outside of the doors with us? :ohmy: Because there were only like 6 or 8 people there. I think a few more people showed up a little later, though.

Didn't you hear Mofo rehearsed, too?

Yeah. :) That was an amazing day. I also met 3/4 of the band that day.

So you were sitting outside of the doors with us? :ohmy: Because there were only like 6 or 8 people there.

Yeah. :) That was an amazing day. I also met 3/4 of the band that day.

Can you transport me back to be there, too? Pwease?

:hug::kiss: I missed the rehearsal :fail: but i was lucky enough to see this at both shows in Toronto 4 and Chicago 1 when they played it in `september 2005. :love: Aesome early birthday pressie. :lol::love:

You need to get into town earlier next time, missy! :kiss:

Although I think the main reason we got to hear it is because it was the beginning of the leg.

You lucky son of a bitch.

What's cool is that after ruining this song on the Best Of by making it too rock, they seem to be trying to blend the dance party back in again, even if it kicks more ass then ever before.

Acoustic Walk On is lame, though.

And the next night had OOTS, but I'm pretty sure it was the neutered version, which is whack.

What's cool is that after ruining this song on the Best Of by making it too rock, they seem to be trying to blend the dance party back in again, even if it kicks more ass then ever before.

And the next night had OOTS, but I'm pretty sure it was the neutered version, which is whack.

I saw like 15 shows that tour, but still managed to not hear Until the End of the World, Crumbs from your Table and Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses.

This Chicago show was great, though (who knew I'd wind up moving here), and, I was at the Glendale show where Bad made its tour debut. Also was at the first and last shows of the tour, so, all in all, the Vertigo Tour was great for me.

What was lucky is that from the whole tour, the 4 Toronto shows and then the 2 Chicago shows had a great run of having the most varied setlists. Then the next month, I also got to see them do MLK in Detroit, in honour of Rosa Parks, along with Crumbs.

I saw like 15 shows that tour, but still managed to not hear Until the End of the World, Crumbs from your Table and Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses.

Acoustic Wild Horses is a fucking abomination, so no loss there. It was the only bad element of the final L.A. show I saw.

As we speak I'm listening to the electric version from Amsterdam 3 on Vertigo. Now THOSE are some lucky sons of bitches. Edge takes that solo into another fucking galaxy, AND they also did electric Original of the Species.

Back
Top Bottom